Ria T

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'm Ria & I'm new here. I'm always interested about new tech, so that's why I joined here.
I'm just curious about something, is a phone with an Android os can be changed to iOS? If yes, how?
Thank you so much for the help.. :)

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Slaytor Z

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
You figure that one out and you'll be king of the universe. iOS is a 20m high wall with thousands of SAS guards. Nothing ever gets in or out.

You can only make Android look and work like iOS. It will never be real iOS unless Apple allows it.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The short answer is no.

You can make android look and work like IOS, but you will never have actual IOS. Access to the apple app store or itunes or any of the IOS services are a no go. Anything that is proprietary to apple is completely off limits. Even if you could figure it out, apple would either pay you to shut up or attempt to sue you into oblivion.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm Ria & I'm new here. I'm always interested about new tech, so that's why I joined here.
I'm just curious about something, is a phone with an Android os can be changed to iOS? If yes, how?
Thank you so much for the help.. :)

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

You might be amazed at how Android can mimic Apple. Lots of themes and launchers at your disposal.
How about saying hello in the Intro forums too?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/introductions/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Well you'll just have to look at history, such as Psystar case, which Apple sue to extinction. As long as your company have $100billion in dispose and a team of lawyers to fight in court with Apple, then I think it may be possible, but I still think Apple will still win since they have a better case, it's a closed source OS that they own.

A better idea is to buy a country and then have laws that disregard all Apple legalities, then create third party devices that will be able to run iOS and sell/allow that device to be used in that country.

However, if you want to install Mac OS to a PC, that is possible, it's called Hackingtosh.

Personally, I think iOS is very limited, the more you learn about about Android you will find you don't need iOS, even when it come to simplicity and design. You could check out phones that use MIUI interface, such as Xiaomi. MIUI have a theme engine and there are many excellent themes available, some looking similar or exact copy of iOS. MIUI also emulate some of iOS design such as icons on the home screen and overall nice look. Some details here: http://en.miui.com

You could use Android launchers that emulate iOS like iLauncher, but MIUI is a better solution since the whole OS design reflect some iOS concept while still having the freedom of Android. Also because a lot of these iOS launchers tend to come with adwares or spywares.

Last edited: