What phone device is on its way that will be superior to the Galaxy S5?

BlackBarryNewb

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have my current cell phone for almost 4 yrs and anything will be an upgrade, but I might as well get the best one even if I have to wait a bit longer for it to release. Or else just settle with the S5.

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: What phone device is on its way that will be superior to the S5?

LG and Sony just released a handful of phones, and in my opinion, the S5 is better. We'll have to wait to see what HTC does with the next one. That or the S5 will likely be the best phones available at their release dates

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Either the new HTC One or Project Ara.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One running CM11.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Within the first half of 2014, most of the new phones that come out will be on par, more or less, in terms of specs. So as far as what will be superior, it'll depend on what you want as well as your carrier. While I think the Xperia Z2 is better than the S5, the Xperia Z2 may not be on your carrier. You can wait one more month to see what HTC does, but the HTC One successor will probably be very different than the S5, which again makes me wonder what you want out of the phone - specifically if you want a removable battery and microSD card slot.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't think that there will be anything that is superior to the S5. There probably will be a lot of phones that have slightly different feature sets that may make them more appealing. I like the looks of the LG G Pro 2. I haven't seen the new iPhone and HTC One obviously. But they may come with some great things as well.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Note 4...:cool:

To be honest, I don't think that the Galaxy S line is the flagship line anymore. I believe that the Note series have taken that over. The Note line has the better specs for each edition.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

To be honest, I don't think that the Galaxy S line is the flagship line anymore. I believe that the Note series have taken that over. The Note line has the better specs for each edition.

The Note line and S line aren't meant to overlap. They have 2 flagships, each series is king for around 6 months while the other is released

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

I don't think that there will be anything that is superior to the S5. There probably will be a lot of phones that have slightly different feature sets that may make them more appealing. I like the looks of the LG G Pro 2. I haven't seen the new iPhone and HTC One obviously. But they may come with some great things as well.

I agree. The fingerprint sensor is a gimmick and doesn't always work (as shown in hands-on videos). The heart rate sensor is an even bigger gimmick. Take these away and there's nothing "special" about it. Simple fact is that we hit a wall with smartphone HW advancements. 64-bit wouldn't be noticeable to end users so who cares? All the LTE/GSM bands it covers is nice but again, end users don't really care (Samsung is the one who benefits by producing less models).
The only way to improve and differentiate at this point is to improve on build quality/materials and design. Samsung failed on all aspects. Yes, they made it water resistant but it still looks like crap... fake chrome trim and cheap looking back. I also don't think they should have made it even bigger. The bezels could have been smaller (see LG 2).
So yeah, I don't know why anyone would upgrade from GS4 or maybe even GS3. I was expecting a radical but good change moving to better materials and on-screen buttons. Buttons not a big deal but everything else I said is a big deal to me.
Nexus 5 is a no brainier at this point.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I have my current cell phone for almost 4 yrs and anything will be an upgrade, but I might as well get the best one even if I have to wait a bit longer for it to release. Or else just settle with the S5.

There will always be better phones coming if you wait.

Personally, I think any phone that doesn't have a heavy skin like TouchBloat, Sense, or whatever-LG-calls-their-skin will be superior to the GS5.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

There will always be better phones coming if you wait.

Personally, I think any phone that doesn't have a heavy skin like TouchBloat, Sense, or whatever-LG-calls-their-skin will be superior to the GS5.

Exactly. We are not talking about iPhone here. In Android world there's always a new phone a few months away.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

LG G3 also rumored for May.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908