What phone device is on its way that will be superior to the Galaxy S5?

barryl85

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: What phone device is on its way that will be superior to the S5?

I'm confused to read so many people say nothing will be superior to the S5 - really? The Xperia Z2 already looks like a better device and we havent seen the New HTC One yet.

Before anyone shouts fanboy im sitting with an S4 in front of me and before that I had an S3.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm confused to read so many people say nothing will be superior to the S5 - really? The Xperia Z2 already looks like a better device and we havent seen the New HTC One yet.

Before anyone shouts fanboy im sitting with an S4 in front of me and before that I had an S3.

It's mostly subjective. We haven't seen the new One, but I think the S5 is better than the Z2.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
There will always be something better a few months down the road. I had a s4 and then I got a Nexus 5 a few months later and its way faster.. I'm sure the same will happen as per usual

Posted via Android Central App

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
the HTC m8, and LG G3 both look to be better devices than the S5, and I'm a Samsung supporter

Sent from my S4 using tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
We have a fairly decent idea of what the M8 will be like, if only because it's been leaked to death.

We know what it will look like, but no clue about internal specs. Believing the rumors led to a lot of people being let down by the S5

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
We know what it will look like, but no clue about internal specs. Believing the rumors led to a lot of people being let down by the S5

Well, expecting any drastic changes from Samsung is a fool's errand, IMO. :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Note 4 and G3 simply because they will be released months after the s5. Right now, with the snap805 not ready for mass sales, you are going to essentially have the same phones with a few minor internal/camera differences that you have to choose from (s5, new one, z2)

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

If the Moto X had a camera I would take it over the S5 in a second. As far as something on the way that will be superior? iPhone 6 of course, the 5S is probably already better anyway.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

From what I've seen read the one plus one will be a better device. But I won't know for sure until the announce the phone.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Let's see it should be priced less than 400 for a 16gig model 64 gig will be less than 500. It should have a snapdragon 800 processor 5.5 inch ips display 3100 mah battery 6 lens 13mp camera run cm instead of touchwiz. Rooting the device will not void your warranty. And all that wrapped in a phone around the size of a sony z1 with what's been described as having a more premium build quality than the s5. So to me that's why it will be better a more balanced device with less fluff and gimmicks.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I currently have the One and I've been eyeing the new One (M8). While I personally feel HTC has build quality over a lot of the competition they sometimes lack in other areas. They are forever under sizing their batteries, their processors are usually good but not the fastest, and this new swing towards Ultra pixel was maybe a bit drastic. I've heard different rumors about the duel camera setup on the new One and maybe that setup will offer something, but only reviews will tell. However beyond that it will really come down to features and user preference. I wouldn't give up my One for any other device from another mfg'r but my friend with the S4 has some features I'm a bit jealous of.

HTC Fanboy...

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

OP asks: "What phone device is on its way that will be superior to the Galaxy S5?"

answer: most devices.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Let's see it should be priced less than 400 for a 16gig model 64 gig will be less than 500. It should have a snapdragon 800 processor 5.5 inch ips display 3100 mah battery 6 lens 13mp camera run cm instead of touchwiz. Rooting the device will not void your warranty. And all that wrapped in a phone around the size of a sony z1 with what's been described as having a more premium build quality than the s5. So to me that's why it will be better a more balanced device with less fluff and gimmicks.

I can respect that. I just wanted to know your reasoning as I didn't see anything that to me would make it better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
In waiting on the G3 and if the Oppo Find 7 were to hit US soil I would definitely check that out too

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12