Oppo Find 7 is here (handset + box)

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Im excited for the launch event. This phone could potentially be very good and challenge the S5/One 2014 for sales

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm most interested in this one as my next phone. Lately don't want to spend $600+ for a phone, but with some extra cash from tax return, I want a real good phone to stick with for a while. I have a MotoX so 5.5" is overkill for me, but several factor made me interested:
1440p display version
reputation for build quality
50mp camera, despite not amazing
easy to install custom roms and partnership with CyanogenMod ensure better experience with it

They confirmed 3100mAH removable, I would love for 4000mAH for the 1440p version, even if non-removable.

Other than this, I'm interested in the Moto X2, Phonebloks, but they won't come out soon enough. Also interested in OnePlus One, but they don't have as much credibility yet being a new company. Also the confirmed specs from their forum show it will not be better than the Find 7.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Looks nice. Though I want to see what one plus can do with the one before I say this is my next phone. This year I will try and stay away from major brands because to me it looks like they are becoming lazy and enjoying too much success.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Looks nice. Though I want to see what one plus can do with the one before I say this is my next phone. This year I will try and stay away from major brands because to me it looks like they are becoming lazy and enjoying too much success.

Looks great and no doubt it will be, and agree the main players Samsung with the S5, the Sony Z2 oh and the LG G pro 2 that have been announced thus far are lacking in that next step that said specs are great I'm just speaking in terms of design more than anything. The latter would be the only one that has caught my attention and I like it.

The likes of Oppo with the Find 7 and Lg seems by rumour sounding good and no doubt will trump the S5.

Then again twists and turns so I tend to buy a phone that just works and meets my likes and needs as trying to keep up with the next great thing is impossible unless you have loads of for you Americans $ and for us in the UK ? and for those in Europe ?.

Sent From the one the only the magnificent Note 3.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This just looks totally amazing. Fast charging, ultra HD screen, SD slot, removable 3000 mah battery, and that camera! They really need to get KitKat out on it sharpish with their update to colour OS, and they seriously need to get some provider contracts. This phone could seriously threaten Samsung and the others! I absolutely love how it looks and the specs. If O2 stocked it, I would buy it asap.

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd love how open Oppo phones are, you donn't need to root or unlock the bootloader to flash custom roms. I'm mainly interested in this phone for a Nexus-like software experience with superior hardware.

I'm pretty impressed, but not blown away by the specs. (No stereo speaker and the 50mp photo is software tricks, I knew about the removable back cover, but it doesn't look to have that previous Oppo's durability vibe, the back cover remind me of LG and Samsung plastic.) What I'm disappointed in is why they still keep the capacitive buttons. It's just unnecesary and make the phone larger than it is, which is the same issue with how large with both the HTC One are. I knew about the 5.5" screen and was anticipating the large size, but I was hoping they could squeeze it in a tighter package like how the Moto X managed.

It's actually about the size of the Note 3, I wasn't signing up for phablet size. After drawing the dimension of this phone on paper and super imposing my actual Moto X on it, which is roughly 1inch shorter and 1cm thinner, I think I will give this phone a skip. For those who can deal with Note 3's size, it's going to be a great device.

HTC One 2014 while having that HTC logo bar, still have a manageable size, so I might be interested if they have a Google Play edition, but probably not because it'll probably be overpriced like the current one.

M8: 146 x 70.5 mm
Note 3: 151.2 x 79.2 mm
Find 7: 152.6 x 75 mm

Good thing I still have the OnePlus One to look forward to.

Also the screen is made by LG, so it's pretty much a given that the LG G3 will have a 1440p screen, just hopefully at a more compact overall size.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I am really excited over this device! I am sick of my Note 3 and it's lovely port failure issues.

And the crooked home button.

The carbon fiber look I saw on one of the models of this Oppo, It's gorgeous!