Nexus 8.9 Tablet by HTC?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Google Nexus 8.9 made by HTC is tipped for June - a 'high-performance' tablet with 2K+ display, and a $300+ price

First off, the Google Nexus 8.9 is likely to be a "high-performance" device, with "volume production expected to start in July or August." She also adds that "this will be a lower volume product, carrying a premium price tag to support the specifications," and "would not be surprised if it is higher than $299." Another juicy tidbit is that Alexander thinks HTC will be the manufacturer of Google's larger tablet, which we've heard before.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This would be awesome... As long as the performance is premium and the price is not much over 300, I could very likely get get one. The old tf300 is starting to show its age.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Good for HTC but I will be holding on to OG N7 until battery no longer holds a decent charge.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping HTC does make the Nexus 8.9... An aluminum design would be great on an 8.9 inch tablet IMO, plus it would be a Nexus!

:)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping HTC does make the Nexus 8.9... An aluminum design would be great on an 8.9 inch tablet IMO, plus it would be a Nexus!

:)

Well, is the Nexus tablet supposed to be a high-end device? Unless it is it probably won't have a metal exterior. My guess is that the plastics that are used for the exterior chassis are lower cost than using HTC One-grade aluminum or some other nice metal would be.

via the tablet

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, is the Nexus tablet supposed to be a high-end device? Unless it is it probably won't have a metal exterior. My guess is that the plastics that are used for the exterior chassis are lower cost than using HTC One-grade aluminum or some other nice metal would be.

via the tablet

I read that it is going to be high end... And expensive to match . I also read that it will be made in relatively small quantities for a Nexus. I hope it's aluminum but if it's plastic that's not a deal breaker for me. Love my n7 2013!

Sent from my HTC One Max on Verizon via Tapatalk...

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Been extremely excited ever since I first heard the rumors(couple months ago) of this tablet. A Nexus/Google 8.9" HTC One? Yes Please!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star