Nexus 6 Rumor Mill

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I came across this this morning. Would you get a HTC Nexus?

Next Gen Nexus 6 smartphone Could Be Manufactured by HTC [Report]

*Update*
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5485...-release-date-specs-features.htm#.U0-yXHPD8m8

now this sounds more like a guess or a wishlist then a rumor but which features would your like to materialize?

20 MP camera does nothing for me, better sensors is where it's at.

3,200 mAh battery sounds pretty damn good to me would love to see something around this number.

dustproof and waterproof features; like I said on one of my other posts here, I dropped my N5 in about 2/3 inches of water fully submerged for about 15/20 Seconds and it's still in working order so this would be icing.

not mentioned in the article but I've read it around; finger print scanner, mhmm I'm ehhh with that it's a fun feature I'd probably use it and replace it with my face unlock feature

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think I would. If anything to add a sale to the Nexus line to help tell Google to keep it going.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'll buy whatever Nexus phone they have, regardless of who makes it. But it's probably a bit early to take any rumors seriously.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The HTC M8 would be pretty old design for a October Nexus 6 launch. The HTC boom speakers are a useless feature to me since no one else wants to hear your phone. I catch enough flak for the loudness of my Nexus 5 when the phone rings with music in a sports bar. So I sure don't need boom speakers. I love my Nexus 5 but I would like to see what the LG G3 is like first since rumors of having a curved screen sure beats a HTC boom speaker for me. I would rather my phone physical size be used for the screen size with a tiny bezel than for wasting it on big speakers at the top or bottom that would never be used.

Now a Nexus 8 tablet made by HTC with boom speakers would be something I would want to buy.

pimpdaddywelfare

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I hope it doesnt have a curved screen.... They have the LG G Flex at one of the stores here and I don't see the benefit of this. So it fits awkwardly in your pocket?
I know its supposed to fit your face better when you talk, and it does, but thats like 20% or less of what I actually use my phone for.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I really hope they don't base the N6 off of the M7/8. I really like the look and size of the Nexus 5, and if it were to be as tall or wide as the M8, I definitely wouldn't consider buying

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I really hope they don't base the N6 off of the M7/8. I really like the look and size of the Nexus 5, and if it were to be as tall or wide as the M8, I definitely wouldn't consider buying

This will be the first Nexus I don't covet...In fact when and if the N5 sees the price drop the N4 had when they needed to purge inventory last year. I'll likely just get another N5. It will take quite a phone to beat the N5.

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Why would they quit a good thing they have with LG it be different if the nexus 5 was fail.. But obviously it's amazing..

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I hope it doesnt have a curved screen.... They have the LG G Flex at one of the stores here and I don't see the benefit of this. So it fits awkwardly in your pocket?
I know its supposed to fit your face better when you talk, and it does, but thats like 20% or less of what I actually use my phone for.

Couldn't agree more. If the nexus 6 has a curved screen I won't be buying.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Would you consider the Nexus 5 to have a pretty old design, too? It's basically in a slate or bar form factor with the volume buttons on the left and the power button on the right.

I love the Nexus 5 design. A lot better than even other phones that aren't slate...

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site

What I'm trying to figure out is how this rumored phone would be different from the Google Play edition of the M8, which you can buy today. Maybe the Nexus version will just remove the microSD card slot, change the camera and pricing, and add wireless charging and Nexus branding? Still, I feel that Google and HTC needs to do something else to differentiate this from the M8 GPE. Otherwise, it feels redundant.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Would you consider the Nexus 5 to have a pretty old design, too? It's basically in a slate or bar form factor with the volume buttons on the left and the power button on the right.

I like a slate or bar form factor with the volume buttons on the left and the power button on the right design shape for a phone like the N5. Don't like all the wasted screen size to make a bigger bezel space for big speakers. That's HTC's big selling point a big boom speaker that is useless to me. Don't like what I am reading about the M8 camera. HTC is a great phone manufacture that doesn't make phones that fit my needs. I only buy unlocked phones and price is always a top priority.

I want the N6 to be water resistant and all those speaker holes isn't good for that. I also like wireless charging that won't work with a metal case the M8 has. I would like the N6 case to be Kevlar like Moto X. I would be happy if HTC would build the N6 if the design was like the N5 since I'm not thrilled to read about the poor build quality coming from LG.

What I want most is features from the Moto X on the N6 with always listening OK Google commands. I want a smarter phone with a tiny bezel not a boom box.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance