Galaxy F, Galaxy S5 Prime, Galaxy KQ

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Those who got a Galaxy S5 might be disappointed to hear this...

Why it is likely for Samsung to release a "Premium" version of the S5 my question would be Why?

You think they would release the actual "Prime" before releasing the "regular" S5 and this way they could sell the current S5 as a "Mini" variant if you will.
"

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

It's a big deal because it's a device from Samsung that's coming out a month after their flagship. HTC isn't doing it apple never does it. That's why it's annoying

Posted via Android Central App

HTC is doing so great in the android world, everyone questions the champ.

Note 3 ~ 5s

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Why it is likely for Samsung to release a "Premium" version of the S5 my question would be Why?

You think they would release the actual "Prime" before releasing the "regular" S5 and this way they could sell the current S5 as a "Mini" variant if you will.
"
Perhaps it was a rush to get the S5 to market. HTC started building better devices and maybe Samsung wanted to offer their fanbase something to purchase instead of being tempted to go with the new HTC. Strategy-wise, if that's what they were doing, it worked as Sammy's marketing power made a snowstorm over the M8 hype. But, a lot of people seem disappointed in the S5 so a premium version would make sense if they want to keep their dominant sales position.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Apple releases 2 phones a YEAR, compared to Samsung's 25 variants of ONE. the 5C was never a flagship, it was introduced WITH their flagship. Apple didn't solely release the 5C claiming it to be their flagship, than come out with a 5S a damn month later as a "surprise". Apple knows better, they know its bad business. It takes away from a companies credibility.

The difference is samsung listens to the consumers with what they want (look at note line), apple tells the consumer what they should want, hence less choice and less options for phones.

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

Perhaps it was a rush to get the S5 to market. HTC started building better devices and maybe Samsung wanted to offer their fanbase something to purchase instead of being tempted to go with the new HTC. Strategy-wise, if that's what they were doing, it worked as Sammy's marketing power made a snowstorm over the M8 hype. But, a lot of people seem disappointed in the S5 so a premium version would make sense if they want to keep their dominant sales position.

There is never a rush to bring a flagship to the market, the S3 was released May 2012, S4 around April 2013 and now the S5 in April so it's kind of a routine. They've had the same amount of time invested (almost) in each "Flagship" device. HTC makes great devices I think the disappointment also comes from the fact that the Galaxy Note 3 has a little more to offer than the actual Galaxy S5 (I'm not counting the Fingerprint scanner and Heart rate monitor because they're just minor extras IMO)

With the most likely fact a "prime" edition does come out Samsung should give the option to current S5 owners to upgrade their devices by trading it in with maybe a small extra down payment (and maybe not even that)

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

A lot of the phones Samsung releases never even hit US carriers. I mean the only phones that you see every year that people buy are the S series and Note series. What is this 25 phones a year stuff? Again, most of those phones never even hit US carriers.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

There is never a rush to bring a flagship to the market,
I'd absolutely disagree with that statement. Not that it can't be true, but that you or I would know about it.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Unless you are one of the very tiny group of people that always wants the latest and greatest.

margmel

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Unless you are one of the very tiny group of people that always wants the latest and greatest.

I am the person who always wants the latest and greatest, that's why I've been waiting for my perfect smartphone like 3 years lol
I like the look of htc one m8 but its camera not that good as i wanted it to be. so I am considering buying the s5
I won't forgive you samsung if you do this to me with your s5 prime version :(

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Well let's look at the evidence so far:

2e9agypa.jpg

This was predicted by a analyst back in January (before S5 launched) and most of its predictions turned out to be true for the standard variant s5(except for the 5.2" screen )
Article source
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Kuo-...ingerprint-scanner-and-plastic-casing_id51816

Also there was a benchmark leak of a QHD display -Samsung device with S805 3gb ram and 5.2" display.
http://www.sammobile.com/2014/04/03/samsung-sm-g906s-with-qhd-2560x1440-screen-appears-in-benchmark/
So it can't be Note 4 as it has a 5.2" display

And according to J.K Shin there will not be a premium S5 ,however there can be a upscale lineup
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...ale-smartphone-lineup...-and-a-Note-4_id53906

Thing to look at is that the predictions made by the analyst also said that the S5 prime will come in plastic so there was never a premium version in rumors, just a higher spec'd version.

And as far as evidence without "proof" goes you can look at the post no 83 of the same thread.

Just something to speculate upon ,anyways if Samsung is going to release a better phone than s5 they'd rather keep it a secret so that it does not effect the sales of current S5.

Also there are cases available for S5 Prime
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=378534

Last edited:

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

I am certainly disappointed. A bit more than just disappointed really, I thought this would be the flagship model and that's why I went out and am paying so much for it. I am so annoyed, if my phone now becomes the cheap version of the line. I hate to sound vain but I really wanted the best variant.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

I agree that if Samsung did it it would be bad, but HTC are even worse than them for this - The last two times i've bought the so called 'Best HTC In the world' it was updated within a month to a better one - so annoying.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Little disappointed as well. I would have waited if I had known it was coming out. I am almost hoping it doesn't hit the US or Verizon lol.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

What we have is the current flagship model - the QHD screens and Snapdragon 805s are not ready for mass production yet. I think with the speed of the mobile industry, Samsung decided to shift to an every 6 month refresh cycle. This makes sense - how many people who bought the LG G2, Moto X, Nexus 5, iPhone 5S might have instead bought a refreshed Galaxy S in the fall/winter? I doubt this device will come to the US over the next couple of months, so we can all enjoy our current cutting edge devices in the meantime - something better is always (always!) around the corner.

I am certainly disappointed. A bit more than just disappointed really, I thought this would be the flagship model and that's why I went out and am paying so much for it. I am so annoyed, if my phone now becomes the cheap version of the line. I hate to sound vain but I really wanted the best variant.

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Or maybe they will use Exynos 5430 worldwide like Note 2?

I doubt that though.