Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would totally get a phone called the Abbagoochie, just so I could say, "Let me check my Abbagoochie.":p

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Droid maxx codename

Soo the title says it all. The new codename for the new maxx is out and about and I have to say I am excited to see what they bring to the table. Rumors have it a snapdragon 801 is going to be running it. I hope they add more ram. What does everyone else want done differently this time?

Posted via my DROID MAXX

P-raggles

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Droid maxx codename

Hope they keep the Kevlar...or move up to carbon fiber....keep Amoled...maybe go super premium...sapphire the like... Droid MAXX should be the very finest Verizon offers... It must have a premium feel...go lux or just be an also ran.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Its about time they came out with something. I hope they can get some thin bezels so the phone doesn't get much larger. Hopefully someone besides LG is capable of that feat.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

They announced late July last year - I'm sure that the schedule is once a year. I just wonder if they think it might be smarter/more profitable to come out after Android L or try to sell before the new iPhones every year. I suspect it's the latter so I'd guess that every August or so each year there'll be an update to the Droid line.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Very true. I cannot wait to see the rest of the specs. I was hoping for a snapdragon 805 and 3g of ram. That's really all I would want plus a higher resolution screen. Keep the battery life where it is at then it will be another home run. I have an upgrade coming due in August so I am anxious to see if they will have a decent leak by then

Posted via my DROID MAXX

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

They just need to make sure the batter life doesn't decrease at all. I'd be plenty happy with a 1080 screen. No need to go to the craziness of the G3. 5.2" is plenty large if they can have small bezels. The camera does need some improvement.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I am extremely excited to hear the Droid Maxx line will be continuing this year. My guess on specs:

5.1 inch screen packed into a phone the same size as the Droid Maxx
Snapdragon 801
3800 mAh battery (similar battery life to Droid Maxx)
1080 screen
3g ram
32 GB storage (minimum)
Hopefully Kevlar back remains in place
Could see Moto getting rid of capacitative Home, Back, and Recent Apps buttons and putting them on screen

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So, my question is, if it's running the 801. Does that mean, that the new MAXX, wouldn't have all the contextual awareness of the current MAXX? Meaning, the always listening, Moto asset, all of the nice features that would be hard to give up! Motorola, please leave all that stuff in the new MAXX!!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So, my question is, if it's running the 801. Does that mean, that the new MAXX, wouldn't have all the contextual awareness of the current MAXX? Meaning, the always listening, Moto asset, all of the nice features that would be hard to give up! Motorola, please leave all that stuff in the new MAXX!!

..because the 801 can't do that stuff?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc