Motorola Dogz - LTE, stock Gingerbread

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
motorola-dogz.png

You all know the drill about these about screens -- anyone can fake them. But I'm still compelled to share this tip. None of this is official, or even confirmed. But it's definitely juicy:

Motorola Dogz

Android 2.3 Gingerbread
Stock Android
Carrier: Verizon
Date (unknown whether launch or announcement or something else entirely): On or about Dec. 13, 2010.
4-inch SLCD display (at the usual 480x854 if this screen shot is to be believed)
TI OMAP4 @ 1.2 GHz
8MP rear camera with 720p video recording
1.5MP front-facing camera
LTE-capable

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
the release date is puzzling.. releasing something in the middle of the holiday season would be odd, you'd either cannibalize your black friday sales, or you'd have a ton of returns.

I'm not discounting it because of the name though.
The OG droid was Sholes
The D2 was Shadow

Reactions: Jaredshoes

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
the release date is puzzling.. releasing something in the middle of the holiday season would be odd, you'd either cannibalize your black friday sales, or you'd have a ton of returns.

Yeah. I'm not sure what Dec. 13 is, but I'm sure it's not a launch date, and I doubt it'll be announced then, either.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i would truthfully be shocked to see a straight up stock android device at this point (N2/S notwithstanding), especially from moto.

that said, these rumored specs are intriguing to say the least

Droid hungry

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. Seems a little strange to me. I think its a fake. Just seems to be too... I just feel like I don't trust it. Call me crazy but that's what I think.

gracefulminutes

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't trust the font on this 'screenshot'. While that might be a bit weird...it just doesn't seem like a legit one. Also, re: the name - Sholes is one thing, Shadow is another...but Dogz?! huWhaaaa?!

Personal Verdict: fake as GWBush's college degree. (*)

(*) - for comedic purposes only...let's not get into politics here.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
VZW launched LTE on 12/6. So the 12/13 date could just be following Monday. But I had thought that all LTE devices would be announced in January...

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Either way, fake or not. Those specs would be something quite pleasing to see come from Verizon. But, I'm guessing it won't happen since carriers especially Verizon, seem to have issues with leaving anything stock on device.

Killa C

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I thought Verizon was launching their LTE this month. In a week or so in fact. That's why I'm so psyched for the supposed Incredible HD. Could this be the DX "HD"? You know, the DX with an added forward facing camera and LTE?

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Are you posting from the future? Please don't be offended. I just thought it was funny.

Aren't you running on 4G now!?

Ok, so yeah chalk that up to spell checker. They moved the date from 11/15 to 12/6 for a few reasons. nut even if it still was 11/15 there is no plans to release any 4G hand sets until after announcements in Jan. I jave heard HTC is definatelly testing something.

Also I know field tests using a laptop card are getting between 4 to 8 Mbps down on the outskirts of the NY LTE market. We are talking about 2 bars of signal. The high was Over 30.

I am sure moto will have a 4G device by May, but I am just going of VZW's announcement of who the initial manufacturers are.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
A phone called Dogz, heh? Interesting ... if it turns out to be one I like that would be soooooooooo appropriate for me cuz I loooooove my FurKids!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2