Is there going to be a 2nd gen Droid Maxx?

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Droid Life has some new information concerning what appears to be the next Droid Maxx - click here

It appears the new phone will have a spec-bump over the new Moto X and will include a 3500 battery and wireless charging. It looks like an awesome phone and as much as I love my current Droid Maxx I might be tempted to upgrade.
That article seams very promising! Can't wait to see what it looks like.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell the screen size from that?

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

The dimensions provided in the Droid Life article include the bezel so it's only a guess as to what the screen size is. That said, the subject phone is about 5mm bigger than the new Moto X when measured diagonally. I'm guessing the screen size will be 5.5" depending on whether they use on-screen keys or retain the capacitive buttons.

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd be good with 5.2 as long as the overall size doesn't get much larger.

5.2, 1080p, slightly bigger battery to accommodate for it and a WAY better camera. The more I use the camera on my Maxx and compare it to others like my mom's Note3 and friend's iphone I realize how much it sucks, especially in low light.
Which is why I didn't buy it, though I was close. If the rumors are true I'm in.

shamo316

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping they use on-screen keys this time, I like them more then the capacitive buttons. cant wait that's prob my next phone

hendrix2

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The dimensions provided in the Droid Life article include the bezel so it's only a guess as to what the screen size is. That said, the subject phone is about 5mm bigger than the new Moto X when measured diagonally. I'm guessing the screen size will be 5.5" depending on whether they use on-screen keys or retain the capacitive buttons.

According to the specs it will be 6.022 for the size of the whole phone. With that said the size of the droid maxx entire phone case was 5.41 so with that said I would expect 5.2 if not 5.4.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It appears the new phone will have a spec-bump over the new Moto X and will include a 3500 battery and wireless charging.

Besides wireless charging and the size, what's the spec bump?

Again, if I were a betting man, I'd say this is the same soc, ram, display resolution, and features of the new X in a larger case with a larger battery just like last year.

I think when we talk specs most of us mean the processor, display resolution, ram, whether it has an SD card slot, radios, cameras, etc., and things like battery size and wireless charging aren't necessarily "special bumps".

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Besides wireless charging and the size, what's the spec bump?

Again, if I were a betting man, I'd say this is the same soc, ram, display resolution, and features of the new X in a larger case with a larger battery just like last year.

I think when we talk specs most of us mean the processor, display resolution, ram, whether it has an SD card slot, radios, cameras, etc., and things like battery size and wireless charging aren't necessarily "special bumps".

I'm on my phone so its too difficult to go quote it, but it lists 3gb ram, 2560 QHD screen, etc. I don't remember, but I don't think the X had the QHD display. Can't remember if it has the 805.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my phone so its too difficult to go quote it, but it lists 3gb ram, 2560 QHD screen, etc. I don't remember, but I don't think the X had the QHD display. Can't remember if it has the 805.

From the article:

"The FCC documents do not list out the processor, RAM, or camera"

The beginning quotes rumors from months ago about snapdragon 805, 3 GB ram, and the display, but there is nothing in the FCC documents but radios, battery model number, and items about the turbo charging (a feature of the new X), etc. It's possible that Motorola was testing that earlier this year and decided to spec down, or people may be confusing the new droids with testing for the rumored Moto shamu, supposedly the next nexus, or a different model phone with supposedly a 6" display, etc.

Again, I'd expect spec parity with the new X. I can't believe that Motorola's would want their flagship to be at a spec disadvantage on Verizon. Maybe I'm wrong.

Personally, I'm torn about whether to get another droid. I love the big battery, but I didn't love the six months plus with a buggy kitkat release without an update while the X had 4.4.2 in March. That's the third time I've had a droid where I've felt that Verizon dragged their feet on updates at some point, and I think a Moto brand phone may be a better bet going forward.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yea, that's pretty much the same info that was already posted. I'm pining for some new updates. The Twitter feed posts are few, far between and cryptic...

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Wait, bigger than the new Moto X? Please, no. Just no.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
CNET this morning claiming a single model of Motorola DROID will drop in October, unspecified date. Yes, the work "Quark" was there, but no release name. Could be some fun if they get Armin Shimmerman to promote it. Wonder how much gold-pressed Latinum this will go for...and what is the current exchange rate?

makryger1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
If the fcc document dimensions from before are correct, this phone would have a 5.3ish inch screen... but I don't know how you fit a quad hd display into such a small screen... the Samsung galaxy is 5.7". So unless there is practically no bezel on this phone, something isn't adding up...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2