Sony Ericsson Anzu -- 4.3", Gingerbread, Q1 launch?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
thumb_tall_SE_ANZU.jpg

The SE Anzu, supposedly running Gingerbread at launch in Q1 2011. 4.3 inch display, HDMI out, and "very, very slim".

Here's hoping, SE makes some awful nice hardware.

From xperiax10.net

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
in the first pic, it shows under firmware '2.1-updated' though? wouldnt it be saying 2.3 if it where gingerbread?

Well, you're thinking about that fact at a consumer level. As in what we as consumers see everyday on our devices. If the device was still in development, no one knows what they could have loaded onto it let alone which version it would display as or release with.

Last edited:

CHillyz1

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who believes Sony when they say that 2.3 will be available for the phone that summer is an IDIOT. REMEMBER THE X10!!!! The fact that Sony would again try the Jedi mind trick on us is again is insulting. What's funny is that it sounds like there will be enough weak minded sheep people salivating for the chance to buy and cry when the update they were promised doesn't appear until 2012. (or 2013)

grajasekar

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
No Gingerbread out the gates. Sad panda, I am.

Not only that, they'll probably screw everyone who bought it by revealing some limitation a few months saying "Oh sorry about it but we can't really enable that". Then they'll take ages and a year later release an OS update that's 2 generations behind the latest one. All those poor sods who bought the X10, man I feel sorry for them. :(

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Man someone doesn't like sony. But I fully understand their support for the x10 has been horrible makes samsung look good

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Motorola is pretty good so is htc, samsung and sony ericsson suck. Lg I don't know. Best bet is to get an open phone that you can root rom etc so even if the oem decides to stop supporting your phone you can still get upgrades via the community

Reactions: casdm9901

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20