I have sprint and my parents pay my bill so I can't get the EVO because they refuse to add more money to the family plan. Yes it's only $10 but since I'm not the one paying the bill, I can't really say anything. So my question is, are there any android phones coming to sprint that aren't 4G but are like the EVO? Thank you.
    11-10-2010 08:53 PM
    I haven't heard of anything. I'd like to see a G2-equivalent like the Desire Z (but without Sense), but right now if you don't want to pay the extra $10 your best bet is probably a Transform or a Hero.
    11-10-2010 09:30 PM
    4g is the way to go bro
    11-10-2010 09:37 PM
    The newest Sprint Android phone due out on 6 Jan will be the htc knight which looks like a mini EVO.

HTC Knight specs - Phone Arena
    11-10-2010 10:52 PM
    What about the Optimus?

Sprint - Define Region
    11-10-2010 11:01 PM
    Optimus is not high end. I rather get the Evo over it
    11-11-2010 03:02 PM
    Optimus is not high end. I rather get the Evo over it
    Did you not read that the OP cannot get the evo??

Anyway. From reviews I hear the optimus s has a really good built quality for the price and it actually runs pretty well. I'm new to android and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the fact that it is running vanilla android. And everyone is always wanting vanilla android so I guess that's another positive.
    11-11-2010 09:13 PM
    Did you not read that the OP cannot get the evo??

Anyway. From reviews I hear the optimus s has a really good built quality for the price and it actually runs pretty well. I'm new to android and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the fact that it is running vanilla android. And everyone is always wanting vanilla android so I guess that's another positive.
    I think I'm going to try harder to convince my parents. The transform looks okay, but currently I have the moment and they are basically the same phone. I think it's stupid that I would have to pay $10 for 4G when I live in a non-4G area. *sigh* Thanks for the suggestions guys/gals. The KNIGHT doesn't look that bad I guess.

Okay I have another question, I know that it's probably impossible to answer at this point, but as long as I'm being a noob I might as well. Does anyone think that the EVO will get gingerbread?
    11-13-2010 02:52 AM
    Yes, the EVO should get Gingerbread. How old are you if you don't mind?
    11-13-2010 02:59 AM
    Yes, the EVO should get Gingerbread. How old are you if you don't mind?
    Lol i'm 21. I had a g1 before, but I wasn't much into android at that point because, let's face it, it was a first gen product. I'm more interested in it now because it looks a lot better.

I'm really into technology but android is still kind of new to me. The moment I have is basically a second phone for work.
    11-13-2010 03:09 AM
    Lol i'm 21. I had a g1 before, but I wasn't much into android at that point because, let's face it, it was a first gen product. I'm more interested in it now because it looks a lot better.

I'm really into technology but android is still kind of new to me. The moment I have is basically a second phone for work.
    If you're 21 and have a job I am pretty sure you can pay your folks the $10 for the EVO.
    11-13-2010 03:11 AM
    they want me to use my $$ for school stuff. Books/fee's/etc.
    11-13-2010 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD