Samsung Elite/Nexus S pics

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Check out the pics, especially 2 of 6. That thing is thick. Wonder why? I can think of a few reasons:

Sliding keyboard
Bigger heatsink for dual core Hummingbird
Dual mode CDMA/GSM pentaband radio

there has to be a reason it's so much thicker than the Vibrant or other Galaxy S.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Check out the pics, especially 2 of 6. That thing is thick. Wonder why? I can think of a few reasons:

Sliding keyboard

there has to be a reason it's so much thicker than the Vibrant or other Galaxy S.

i was wondering why it look so thick myself. but unless we get some hard evident spec....i guess this is a good change for those that thought the galaxy s phones were too light.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
This could be interesting. I looks possible for it to have a sliding keyboard due to the front and back half not being completely flush and seamless but then again it could just be for looks.

What I think would be an interesting concept (if it does have both cdma and gsm capabilities) is if there was some deal created with bestbuy/Google/Samsung and all of the US carriers to have it in all varieties so that anybody with any carrier could go in and get one. If that ever happened, I would not mind paying full price for one of those babies haha. This is extremely unlikely but a guy can dream, right? haha

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I like it..and am certainly interested in it but, I'm having a hard time justifying why it really exists over any other Galaxy S device of similar styling.

B_ren

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I really like the styling on it.... will*be interesting to see what all the specs really are. A slide out keyboard would be nice.

c0c0nutsp0rt

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
This could be interesting. I looks possible for it to have a sliding keyboard due to the front and back half not being completely flush and seamless but then again it could just be for looks.

The side profile looks just like a Sprint Epic which also has a keyboard.

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I would really love to see this with a CDMA version but I know that is probably wishful thinking. I would buy this with my Sprint service in a heartbeat.

Tango Charlie

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Sliding keyboard

I can think of another.

The longest life standard battery on any recent smartphone.

Right now, without a breakthrough in battery tech, battery life isn't going to get better unless the batteries physically get bigger.

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys really see the phone as thick?

I compared it to my Captivate with me holding it in my hand, and it seemed about the same size as it.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Looks awesome... can't wait to see them to release it on T-mobile, promise to release it on Verizon, and then watch it disappear in disappointment a few months later. Skip.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks awesome... can't wait to see them to release it on T-mobile, promise to release it on Verizon, and then watch it disappear in disappointment a few months later. Skip.

That was so frustrating. As far as I remember, that eventually turned into the dinc, but it would have been nice to have a google experience phone on Verizon.

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Blame Verizon for actively restricting what phones can be on their network. Almost nothing without Verizon's crapware gets on, period.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on Verizon. I used to even fanboy over Verizon all the time, and I was extremely disappointed we didn't get the N1. But I really hate the direction they're taking, I realize it's not Google's fault the N1 never made it to Verizon, and I'm honestly ready to switch to a less reliable carrier (I live in a rural area; that means Verizon's king around here, but AT&T's a close second) just to get away from how ridiculous Verizon is getting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz