Motorola Olympus Found at Flea Market Poses For Hi-Res Photoshoot

el_ote

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Im going to hope that the root and ROM turnaround time on this puppy is short because I am holding onto my upgrade for this bad boy blur or not...

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Olympus MB860 Takes Photos, Makes Picasa Appearance?
On 12.14.10, In Breaking, News, by Kellex

mb860-pictures.png

Picasa is at it again! The ultimate leak machine these days for anyone with too much time on their hands, has produced the first pictures from the Motorola Olympus (MB860). They aren?t much to look at and the resolution or crop job on some of them is about as weird as it gets, but we may still have discovered something special pictured in the image below:

motorola-olympus.jpg

Is that a Motorola Olympus? It?s definitely a Moto device and these pics were definitely taken in their offices, hence the logo in this pic which refers to a successful launch of some sort:

motorola-offices.jpg

We also took a closer look at the photo below from a different user and while we can?t tell what it?s referencing, it does mention the words ?OLY? and ?OLYMP? which would match up to the name we?ve been hearing for months now.

mb860-pictures2.jpg

Fun stuff, right?

You should also expect a post every other day now from someone scouring Picasa for the latest MB860 pics!

Via: Phandroid

Motorola Olympus MB860 Takes Photos, Makes Picasa Appearance? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Reactions: Stagger0

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Not bad photos for just random use. You'd think with dual cores and advanced tech you could get a better action shot though...

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
And that's all bad the dx has a decent camera I hope they use that camera rather than something closer to the d1-2 because neither are that good in my book

BenSWoodruff

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
The Droid 2 doesn't have a camera, it has a five year old inside with a poloroid ;-)
I can barely stand the Baby-Blur that kills reponsiveness on my D2, I don't think I could tolerate the real blur. I'm currently using the Gingerbread Launcher from the market, and I'm not sure if it helps performance wise.
I like the physical design of the Oly (wish I could see more of it), but I will try LG's 2x before torturing myself with another hellish year with Motorola.

el_ote

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using the Gingerbread Launcher from the market, and I'm not sure if it helps performance wise.
I like the physical design of the Oly (wish I could see more of it), but I will try LG's 2x before torturing myself with another hellish year with Motorola.

Ben,

forgive my rookie question(statement rather), but i was under the impression that a launcher only hides the motoblur and a custom rom without blur would have to be installed to see any improvements.
:confused:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I can understand that my wife's 2 year old iphone 3g takes better photos than my d2 which is pathetic on motorola's part, my next phone will have a decent camera not this grainy pos
edit it you don't enter your information into the blur facebook and twitter a 3rd party launcher may help but getting rid of blur does wonders. Shoot I pulled back the speed of my deblured phone to 800 because I don't need the extra 200mhz plus Utah save battery

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm looking at this device again I don't like blur I really don't but motorola can put together hardware so if this has a halfway decent Camera and screen ill jump im not to keen on samsung their updates take way to long, htc appears cheapens a phone like undersized battery or cheap camera, and lg is the odd ball in would think about getting one.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
The tweet about is being like peanut butter and chocolate.....I am betting that means there is a tie between the Etna and the Moto Xoom Tablet. I am so looking forward to CES in 12 days.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah its all colors and the droid2 running blur 3.0 got the same kiddie blur as the rest didn't like it let alone the fact that its terrible slow. My droid2 simply locked up after loading blur back on it. No sir if it has blur I will wait until its rooted and romed before I buy