Will there be ANY non-skinned android devices anymore?

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I was a user of the original droid and i really liked it. I upgraded to the X and i have to say i HATE motoblur. I hate how the two buttons to the left and right of the app launcher take you to the SAME PLACE!!(anyone else notice this). I wont go into detail about all the other things i don't like, but I'll just say I prefer stock android. I am also not a fan of sense or TouchWiz.

So my question is, the three big devices Motorola released since the original (X, 2,Pro) all have Blur, the incredible has sense and the fascinate has TouchWiz.

Will any devices running stock android be released?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Only Google will release non-skinned, fully stock versions of Android. Carriers and OEMs want to make money and differentiate their devices from everything else on the market so they will always make some sort of customizations. Even the G2 which runs on stock android has some custom T-Mobile apps in there.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Customized apps is much less than skinned Android. But who knows if we will see a stock Android device. But the above poster is true oems love to differentiate their devices even if what they add has a negative effect

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
G1, huwai ideos, LG optimus phones a basically stock too.

Its really up too the manufactures, they can choose not to put a skin on it and have it stock android. Or appear stock android at least. Google isnt the only one though.

Good thing theres cyanogen mod :)

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
What's wrong with HTC Sense? Out of all of the GUI's on Android phones, I like that one the best, even more than basic Android. The only thing I dont like is how much internal memory it eats.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I also love sense its a great gui but it does eat up resources and internal memory. El but if I have to get a phone other than stock android it will be sense of im going the cm route

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well CES news isn't looking good for my non-skinned android phone. I am really sick of my droid x and all its BLUR crap and problems. The put more **** on this thing with every update. The LG Revolution shows stock android in the pictures but it probably wont stay that way... :(

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Well the nexus series of phones are stock android. Also if you want a stock tablet the motorola xoom and lg g-slate are both stock. hopefully more stock phones will come out soon.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Well the nexus series of phones are stock android. Also if you want a stock tablet the motorola xoom and lg g-slate are both stock. hopefully more stock phones will come out soon.

There could be a few customizations. I watched an interview with a lead Google android engineer and he said Honeycomb is completely open source. Carriers and manufacturers can still put their applications and skins on if they want.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
There could be a few customizations. I watched an interview with a lead Google android engineer and he said Honeycomb is completely open source. Carriers and manufacturers can still put their applications and skins on if they want.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Yes it is open but the com and g slate are pure google. It said so in the interview.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Carriers believe that without added customization to their phones... the sales won't be good. So, I don't think we will be seeing much in that line of devices.

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I really am not a fan of apple products, but the one thing i do like is that they are not bloated with a bunch of carrier crap that you can't remove. Hell, Apple doesn't even let them put their logos on the iphone.

I am sorry, but as a DROID X user I am sick of it. The stock android gallery is better than this motoblur crap. Why would you remove the picasa sync feature? Also, the phone icon and the contact icon to the left and right of the app launcher take you to the SAME PLACE. Sorry for venting but half the time these "additions" make the experience worse. I want to be able to choose how i am going to customize my phone, not have it customized already with no way to remove it.