Is anyone changing to Galaxy S6?

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
guys!!who thinks s5 is still functional and good after 2 years and wont change to s6?😆

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: anyone changing to s6?

The S5 is a great phone IMO. The arrival of the S6 doesn't make the S5 less capable. However, people like new (I'm very guilty). Love the S5, she's a winner that will serve you well if you take care of her.

from the iPhone •6+• 📱

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Im keeping my S5 until I can afford the newest upcoming note what ever year I can afford it. Im not ditching my S5 for any other phone at all. Oh yea I have to be able to afford the the newest note and a smart watch. Yup the S5 is a perfectly capable phone I can show the average user a point or to wth every day use of this phone. There isnt a phone out at all that can make this phone look obsolete. Itz still ranking high in top of the line phones.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I don't see the point of changing phones all the time, especially when we have a good performer in the S5.

Once you hit the flagship level, the differences between models/brands is too insignificant to make it worth while to me.

My previous phone, a Galaxy S is still registered and doing just fine. I just moved it down to another family member who is still getting great service out of it. Why pay for another expensive flagship phone when a previous flagship phone is still performing quite well and was paid for 3 years ago?

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

The galaxy S5 hasn't even had its first birthday yet 😁
I admit I'm curious to see how the S6 (project zero) turns out.
I purchase my phones flat out (full price upfront), so if I want to upgrade I can but its looking like the S5 & me are gonna be together for awhile still. It really is a Great phone.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

I'll be moving to either the S6 or the M9 soon after they're released in March. The S5 is so laggy I can't stand it. Plus I'm a bit of a "I gotta have it because it's newer" kind of guy. I've been very impressed with HTC phones in the past (Incredible and DNA) but they are going to have to do something about their horrible cameras to get my business.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I'll be moving to either the S6 or the M9 soon after they're released in March. The S5 is so laggy I can't stand it. Plus I'm a bit of a "I gotta have it because it's newer" kind of guy. I've been very impressed with HTC phones in the past (Incredible and DNA) but they are going to have to do something about their horrible cameras to get my business.

My S5 has been rooted for months totally skinned it. I removed all bloatware apps and every option tht I have no use for like touchwiz easy and the likes. I dont use any launcher such as nova or apex becuz in actuality that just adds another layer of skin onto touchwiz being tht theres no removing touchwiz. My only option was to thin it down some. I have every option using touchwiz tht nova launcher has and phone is as smooth as butter wth hardly any noticeable lag. So the lag problem is solved. I rooted without voiding warranty. Doing all this ive turned the S5 to a formidable opponent to any phone on the market. I have to say rooting isnt for Everbody and it took me 2 or 3 months to complete these tasks after rooting. I,m a phone geek. I want the newest note becuz of tht pen and size. Not even impressed wth the note edge. I fiddled with it nice tweek but ill pass. Long story short anything sort of a major malfunction even after I get the note my S5 is here to stay.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

It depends on whether there are major changes that differ from the s5. If not I'll just hold on to my s5 until I see another phone I like.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm the kind of guy that has to get every new galaxy phone. I've had the s1 through the s5. I do want the s6 but it depends on if there's major changes for me. I have too many cases and the zerolemon extended battery for the s5 so it will suck have to buy all that again.

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

My S5 has been rooted for months totally skinned it. I removed all bloatware apps and every option tht I have no use for like touchwiz easy and the likes. I dont use any launcher such as nova or apex becuz in actuality that just adds another layer of skin onto touchwiz being tht theres no removing touchwiz. My only option was to thin it down some. I have every option using touchwiz tht nova launcher has and phone is as smooth as butter wth hardly any noticeable lag. So the lag problem is solved. I rooted without voiding warranty. Doing all this ive turned the S5 to a formidable opponent to any phone on the market. I have to say rooting isnt for Everbody and it took me 2 or 3 months to complete these tasks after rooting. I,m a phone geek. I want the newest note becuz of tht pen and size. Not even impressed wth the note edge. I fiddled with it nice tweek but ill pass. Long story short anything sort of a major malfunction even after I get the note my S5 is here to stay.

How do you root without voiding the warranty? And is there a particular tutorial that yall feel is very comprehensive?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

I may or may not, it depends on what the S6 has to offer over the M9 and others. I'm mainly looking to get something with a larger display and I'm currently not happy with what Samsung has done to Android 5.0. I am also tired of Samsung's TouchWiz color schemes, they have grown old on me. I might stick with them or ditch to a different manufacturer. I'll be up for a new phone in a couple of months through Verizon Edge. I might as well take advantage of it.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
How do you root without voiding the warranty? And is there a particular tutorial that yall feel is very comprehensive?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I used towelroot which did the rooting itself and as u can see it did not trip the knox counter but mind you im still on 4.4.2 I never updated. So check your version 1st and see if towelroot works on tht version

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-09-10-00-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-09-10-00-38.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 104

megagene

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I've only had my S5 for 6 months so there's no way I'm going to get a new phone already. I'll probably be looking to upgrade around the time of the S7/Note 6. Or whatever other good contender may be out by that time. M10 maybe?

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm the kind of guy that has to get every new galaxy phone. I've had the s1 through the s5. I do want the s6 but it depends on if there's major changes for me. I have too many cases and the zerolemon extended battery for the s5 so it will suck have to buy all that again.

My son has the galaxyS4 thtz still and impressive phone to actually feels a lil better in the hand than the S5 im interested on the upgrade from the 5 to the 6 I want to fiddle wth it but I doubt there will be a significant enough of a change to purchase. Unless they make the screen resolution 3D LOL

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Not me. I'm good with my S5. I know lot of complaints about the update, but mine has never been better. It's like a new phone since the up date.

Galaxy S5

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

I will probably change my phone when the note 5 comes out ! Want to try the note !

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

I might but I want to see what LG and HTC has to offer first

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

I've only had my S5 a few months. The S6 looks to be going in a different direction regarding the design and some hardware elements. For instance it's rumoured that there will be no removable battery and that Samsung will be putting it's own Exynos SoC in the S6. Those changes don't appeal to me. Once the Android Lollipop update has been sorted out for the S5 I'll be quite happy with my S5 for a while.

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

After this Lollipoop bs, I'll be considering other brands.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

I will look at the specs of the S6, but if they are not significant enough then I won't be changing.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon