Note 5 based off the s6 phone specs?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll be disappointed if it is. I'm fine with most of it but the exynos cpu I won't use ever . The apps I want either weren't supported on the tab s 10.5 and note 10.1 2014 edition or were very laggy compared to the note 3&4 . If this is the case I guess I won't be getting a note 5 :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I just watched the live event from Barcelona and I can't say I was blown away by the S6. It was OK but the Note 4 is still ahead of the new S offering as far as I'm concerned and if that's what the Note 5 will be like I will definitely stay with I've got.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Never had a problem with apps on my Verizon Note 2 and OG Note 10.1 both with an Exynos processor.

My biggest concern is if they go to a non-removable battery (like the S6). That would be an absolute deal breaker. I'd just have to hold on to the Note 4 indefinitely then and hope they reverse course. Time will tell though, a lot of time yet before the next Note is released.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Never had a problem with apps on my Verizon Note 2 and OG Note 10.1 both with an Exynos processor.

My biggest concern is if they go to a non-removable battery (like the S6). That would be an absolute deal breaker. I'd just have to hold on to the Note 4 indefinitely then and hope they reverse course. Time will tell though, a lot of time yet before the next Note is released.

Meh IDC about the non removable battery imo. My iPad has one and so far same great battery life.

As far as the exynos cpu goes I had issues with it being some apps wasn't compatible with my device like the Amex app and which I would never use a side loaded banking app imo and that was to name one app there was a few others or the app was very laggy. Xcom for my tab s was laggy meanwhile was fluid on the note 3 and note 4 and the iPad Air and iPad Air 2 where the iPad was inferior spec wise. Idk maybe it gotten better but my experience with it before makes me want to shy away from using it

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The new memory standard they introduced is 2.7X speed of sdCards and I think will be seen as internal storage making the external sd card writing issue gone. Will depend on the price. Hopefully not Apple pricing!

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think Samsung will do a killing on the s6 but will get alot of complaints about the battery and microsd.

Tbh 32gb is fine. My note 4 has around 20gb left of free space and I have a few apps installed ( I did a refresh recently ) and only have about 1gb of music stored on my sd card .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The removable battery can give you enough battery life that you're still using the OEM batteries (if you swap them monthly) until the phone ends up being sold as one of 5 for $25 for the lot on Craig's List. (My over-10-year-old V-551 is still running on the OEM batteries - and $20 would be a ripoff for a V-551 today.)

It's also nice if the battery goes into thermal runaway - you can pull th back off the phone and drop the battery out, get upwind of it and watch it burn. Or, if you can't remove the battery, you can drop the phone and watch the phone melt. $15 vs. $700. Tough decision.

SD card? Useful for a lot more than just storage.

But the industry is going toward no SD card and no removable battery. Pretty soon, no phone will have either. Then I'll be buying old Note 4s as mine wear out.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Just please, for the love of all that is technical, please Sammy, leave the SD Card and replaceable battery in the Note 5.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
They better include Micro SD card support in the Note 5. Can't believe they left this out of the S6.
S6 Specs are solid and leave iPhone 6 in the dust. This is just another market segment for Samsung. It will be interesting to see how the 5.0 - 5.4" handset segment does with:
- no swappable battery
- no SD card upgrade
- no water resistance

These are deal breakers for me too. The SD card is for not only expansion but also backing up and migrating pictures, data, apps, etc. locally and not depending on cloud services which leave you exposed to all sorts of hacking.

Maybe these features are trending for the 5.5" and larger phones.

Only time will tell.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
S6 Specs are solid and leave iPhone 6 in the dust. This is just another market segment for Samsung. It will be interesting to see how the 5.0 - 5.4" handset segment does with:
- no swappable battery
- no SD card upgrade
- no water resistance

These are deal breakers for me too. The SD card is for not only expansion but also backing up and migrating pictures, data, apps, etc. locally and not depending on cloud services which leave you exposed to all sorts of hacking.

Maybe these features are trending for the 5.5" and larger phones.

Only time will tell.

Eh idk about leaving the iPhone 6 in the dust ....I was thinking of getting an iPhone 6 plus a few months ago and still do at times lol . You can hate the os as much as you want but it simply does what it is supposed to do and that is work and fluid at it as well .

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I am extremely impressed by the S6 Edge. The technology and design that went into producing a curved glass screen and a full metal body having strength and scratch resistance, as well as a WiFi antenna sonically welded to the chassis is amazing. The 14 nano 64 bit cpu is also truly cutting edge. The lack of a SD slot is not important to most people and with the 128 GB internal memory option that is faster than any microSD card makes the change unimportant. The sealed battery is also not really necessary for most folks and combined with extremely fast wired charging and built-in wireless charging unnecessary. The technology of the metal finishing is also cutting edge. This S6 Edge is definitely the finest phone available today. Not even getting to the 4k screen with a pixel density of 577 or the bundled Microsoft software and the slimmed and trimmed TouchWiz.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I hated to see the removable batt and sd card go on the s6, but to be honest i never pull the battery out, and i got used to no sd card slot on my last couple of droids, so i sont even use one anymore.

i saw an article that said that samsung figured not a lot of people were using the sd cards anyway, i dont know if thats true, but all the people screaming to get away from plastic on the phone (which i still find ridiculous) finally got their way!

I look at the s series n the spring to tell me what the note will be like in the fall, and while the s6 looks sharp, and hopefully will last all day on that battery, i wouldnt trade my note4 for it, im hooked on the note series.

I hope the s6 does well in sales, and i hope every person who complained about the "cheap plastic" goes and buys this "we covered the metal with glass, so there" phone!

Still cant figure out whats wrong w touchwiz, mines fast, easy to navigate through, and easy to teach...

Verizon Note4 w/ Otterbox Defender

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
They better include Micro SD card support in the Note 5. Can't believe they left this out of the S6.

seem to me that Samsung will have no choice but to remove MicroSD card slot from the Note 5... if they don't, it will affect the sales of the S6 during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season and the S7 early next year.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
seem to me that Samsung will have no choice but to remove MicroSD card slot from the Note 5... if they don't, it will affect the sales of the S6 during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season and the S7 early next year.
Hmmm...I'm not seeing that. They can leave the Note series for the business user with removable batteries and storage. How does that affect their every-man device?

G3 📱🍭

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The Note series can stay as the power user device and the S series can be for the masses. If they don't include a removable battery and SD card slot in the Note 5 the Note 4 will be in demand much longer than usual.

Posted via the Android Central App