Note 5 based off the s6 phone specs?

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a Motorola Droid Maxx and was going to wait for the Note 5, but was afraid it may have a non removable battery and memory card, so to play it safe for now, I opted for the Note 4 and I am loving this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
so the new Samsung Note 5(no SD card slot, no removable batt) = The iPhone 6 Plus?
Let's hope not. Let's hope Samsung does the same kind of research they did with the S6 and that that research tells them that Note series owners want removable batteries and storage.

G3 📱🍭

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Sad, sad day. 😔
I cannot deal with stock batteries. I put extended batteries in every phone I own. Oh, wireless charging sounds great, but I won't have one in my car, I won't have one in my pocket when I'm out for 12+ hours. The plastic never bothered me, my phones have cases and I never see that plastic back unless I'm putting in that extended battery.

As for the SD card, I think a SD card is probably cheaper than a 64 or 128 gig phone. I paid $800 for my Note 4, I haven't heard the prices on the S6 yet. But I can't justify paying a $1000 vs 800 vs 50 for an SD card.

I'm just sad today that an era is coming to an end. 😢

via The Note 4

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a Motorola Droid Maxx and was going to wait for the Note 5, but was afraid it may have a non removable battery and memory card, so to play it safe for now, I opted for the Note 4 and I am loving this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
I'm SO glad I just picked up a Note 4...

Looks like I'll be using it for years if Samsung removes external SD cards and hot swappable batteries from its new devices..

...sent from a phabulous HAL 9002, a Sprint Galaxy Note 4.... ;-)

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sad, sad day. 😔
I cannot deal with stock batteries. I put extended batteries in every phone I own. Oh, wireless charging sounds great, but I won't have one in my car, I won't have one in my pocket when I'm out for 12+ hours. The plastic never bothered me, my phones have cases and I never see that plastic back unless I'm putting in that extended battery.

As for the SD card, I think a SD card is probably cheaper than a 64 or 128 gig phone. I paid $800 for my Note 4, I haven't heard the prices on the S6 yet. But I can't justify paying a $1000 vs 800 vs 50 for an SD card.

I'm just sad today that an era is coming to an end. 😢

via The Note 4
While they OFFER, 64 and 128 gig versions... will carriers sell them?

The S4 was OFFERED in 32 gigs, but none of the carriers ever sold them. Best Buy never sold them either... (I've never met -anyone- who has a32 gig S4) plus, they charge a small fortune for that built in memory...

Manufacturers WANT you paying through the nose for that extra memory...

...and I keep my old devices for years after I upgrade. .. if I can't install a new battery when the old ones wear out and no longer hold s charge, the device is useless...

And ALL these devices, are great, mp3 players, cameras, etc, and do everything on WiFi, so are still incredibly useful, after they are no longer "phones"

But, they don't care about that, they just want you to buy new devices

. And if you can't replace a worn out battery easily, you have to buy a new device...

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I still have my devices to from the Nexus S, Gnex, Notes 2, 3 and 4. And of course, the Notes will be upgraded to 5.0x so they be like new phones. Lol I guess we'll hear the Note 5 rumors by late summer, I'll make a decision then. I could live with the Note 4 for awhile. It's a great phone with great radios, imo. I'm happy with it and my 8,000 mAh extended battery. 😊

via The Note 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
While they OFFER, 64 and 128 gig versions... will carriers sell them?

The S4 was OFFERED in 32 gigs, but none of the carriers ever sold them. Best Buy never sold them either... (I've never met -anyone- who has a32 gig S4) plus, they charge a small fortune for that built in memory...

Manufacturers WANT you paying through the nose for that extra memory...

...and I keep my old devices for years after I upgrade. .. if I can't install a new battery when the old ones wear out and no longer hold s charge, the device is useless...

And ALL these devices, are great, mp3 players, cameras, etc, and do everything on WiFi, so are still incredibly useful, after they are no longer "phones"

But, they don't care about that, they just want you to buy new devices

. And if you can't replace a worn out battery easily, you have to buy a new device...

I had a 32GB S4 that I got at an AT&T carrier store.

G3 📱🍭

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The Note 5 must have at least a microSD card slot IMHO.

I can deal with a fixed battery as long as the battery lasts longer. I can't deal with the one in the S6 because it's both smaller than the S5's and is paired with a power-hungry 1440p display, which, to me, negates the power-saving benefit of a 14nm processor. I'll even go as far as to quote a friend of mine, who remarked that 1440p "is nothing but a power-sapper on devices with screen sizes of 5.2 inches or smaller".

Until that happens, if you want a Samsung, I would just say get the S5 or Note 4, especially if you're a heavy user who carries spare batteries and SD cards for extra power and storage. If you want something different, I would recommend the HTC One M8 (still reserved on the M9 ATM) and the LG G3 (hope that the G4 will retain the microSD card slot at least. A removable battery would be a nice bonus, as well as front-facing speakers).

I don't find the S6 a terrible phone. I just heavily dislike the fact that Samsung ditched quite a lot of features that they're known for just to pursue a better build. When HTC and Sony can put a microSD card slot on the side of their phones when they have sealed batteries but Samsung can't, you'll see the problem.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think Samsung just wanted to appease the Style crowd right now. I think even they will be caught off guard at how vocal the Function crowd is about certain features. Style over function only carries products so far, Apple had to buck up eventually and make larger phones.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the fingerprint scanner is also improved on the S6/S6 Edge compared to the Note 4's. If the same carries forward to the Note 5, that could be a nice addition.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I sure hope Samsung removes the SD card slot and user-replaceable battery from the Note 5.
Those two are "ancient" features no longer needed on a modern flagship smartphone.

Yes, I do have a 128gb microSD card in my current phone. However, I have never ever removed
it from the phone. So, getting a Galaxy Note 5 with 128gb built-in makes more sense.

Same deal for the user-replaceable battery. In my other phones(Note 2, 3, S5), I have never
taken the battery out for any reason. (except to replace the SIM card) So no real reason to have
a user-replaceable battery in the Note 5.

muhozde

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I hope really that it will have the new USB type C port..... It would be superb...

Secondly, if it has 64 - 128 gb of capacity, why would you need a SDcard slot....? For me it's not really a must, after I've got used to the 32gb version of the Nexus 5 (which also doesn't have a sd slot), it's not a problem to me..

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I hope really that it will have the new USB type C port..... It would be superb...

Secondly, if it has 64 - 128 gb of capacity, why would you need a SDcard slot....? For me it's not really a must, after I've got used to the 32gb version of the Nexus 5 (which also doesn't have a sd slot), it's not a problem to me..

I have three 128gb microSD cards, one in each of my three smartphones.

All are completely full.(well.. 99%) Sandisk's 200gb microSD card is coming soon and I will buy those as soon as Sandisk releases them.

With the S6, it will be forever limited to just 128gb. :( (while my current S5 and Note 3 can continue to use even higher capacity cards as they are released.... 256gb, 320gb....etc)

muhozde

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I have three 128gb microSD cards, one in each of my three smartphones.

All are completely full.(well.. 99%) Sandisk's 200gb microSD card is coming soon and I will buy those as soon as Sandisk releases them.

With the S6, it will be forever limited to just 128gb. :( (while my current S5 and Note 3 can continue to use even higher capacity cards as they are released.... 256gb, 320gb....etc)

damn.... :confused:

Dude, can I know for which damn purpose you're using that much space...??

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
damn.... :confused:

Dude, can I know for which damn purpose you're using that much space...??

Most place that I drive to have zero cell phone signal (not from Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobil or any others)

The 128gb card inside the S5 sitting in front of me contains:

50% music files (all ALAC Apple Lossless Codec)
30% video files (720p, converted from my Blu-ray discs, as well as recorded OTA programs from my PC)
10% important photos
8% PDF files (mostly work stuff)
2% ebook files (epub and mobi)

Can't wait for the Sandisk 200gb microSD card to be released.... their rep said mid-May... :(