AT&T at CES.

ArgonNJ#CB

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
It seems AT&T will be concentrating on WP7 after they lose the iphone exclusivity. Android is not on their priority list. And while I really like Android, I like that both the iphone and now WP7 updates will be controlled by Apple and MS and not the OEMs and carriers. As we are seeing, the later doesn't seem to be working out that well.

uberspeed

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Longtime vocal supporter of Android but I've been waiting so long at this point for a great Android phone on ATT (I love the network in my area) that I have been playing with an iphone3G since I was bored to tears with my BB 9700. If by summer the iphone5 impresses me I think I'll jump on it, unless something along the lines of the LG Optimus 2X with an IPS screen in the 4"+ range comes along and it should be a no brainer considering LG makes the screens for Apple. If the blasphemy comes to be then Jailbreak and do as I please, I'm hurting here!

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Once you root the captivate is as good as any other single core phone
hummingbird is fast
samoled is amazing
att 3g is fast, not 4g but fast 3g
Samsung+att touchwiz and updates arn't good but there are many good roms out there
Camera is good
really a solid high end device

Android4Ever

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It seems AT&T will be concentrating on WP7 after they lose the iphone exclusivity. Android is not on their priority list. And while I really like Android, I like that both the iphone and now WP7 updates will be controlled by Apple and MS and not the OEMs and carriers. As we are seeing, the later doesn't seem to be working out that well.
What makes you think that?

AndroidFTFW

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the captivate and i love it..of course its modded like theres no tomorrow...its rooted, has the leaked 2.2 update on it, bloatware removed, overclocked to 1.2GHz, and it has HSUPA enabled. Waiting for a phone from att where i dont have to do any of this though..I saw that the Motorola Olympus is supposed to be getting released, but i hate motorola soo im waiting for a high-end HTC device or the Galaxy S2...dont disappoint me ATT!

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
+1 on longing to see what ATT brings to the Android table...I'm sticking with them, have too many coworkers/friends on att (mostly iphones!) If they bring out a monster android device I'll be all over it like white on rice. Otherwise I'll probably hold out and see what iphone5 brings (I know, blasphemy!)

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What makes you think that?

Have you seen how many WP7 phones have been released on ATT? I think like 7 or 8, including all the high-end devices (except the HD7). Look at how many android phones exist and how many are on ATT ... 3. There are currently only 3 Android phones on ATT (Captivate, Aria, and Streak).

With the iPhone losing its exclusivity at the same time as WP7 is making a big push, it looks like ATT has teamed with the "locked-down" OEMS (Windows and Apple) to match their "locked-down" carrier theme.

Microsoft + ATT = two of the biggest players, hand-in-hand. Makes for great advertising.

So, the fact that WP7 is already huge at ATT plus rumored to get more ... it just makes it seem like they are leaving Android on the second shelf.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you seen how many WP7 phones have been released on ATT? I think like 7 or 8, including all the high-end devices (except the HD7). Look at how many android phones exist and how many are on ATT ... 3. There are currently only 3 Android phones on ATT (Captivate, Aria, and Streak).

Actually 8 AT&T android phones. You left out Sony X10 and Motorola's Backflip, Flipside, Flipout, and Bravo.