sprint in feb conference

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
K here's what I heard today from a very reliable corporate source:

It's a device. Dual, hinged, 4"+ screens. Apparently there's a second screen that flips up from the back, possibly just giving you one large screen, or possibly allowing you to run an app on each screen. No indication if it is actually a phone or just a tablet/slate..

Now I know, we haven't seen any leaks for something like that so it's hard to believe. I myself would never have believed it if it hadn't come from this source. But I have no reason not to believe them. Don't believe it if you don't want, but I'm just passing on what I heard, trying to do my part.. I'm actually really excited- don't know how the whole form factor is gonna work, but I can't wait to see :D

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It would have to be something spectacular to make me give up my evo, I've had it since launch day and its by far the best phone I've ever owned. It's been out for about eight months now and it still does all I ask (Talk,txt,pix,email,music,web browsing,occasional gaming) and does it well, even when I'm doing those things all at once. I'm a premier customer and I get an upgrade every year, but I can definitely see myself keeping this phone another year if there isn't an evo 2 shipping with gingerbread,sense 2.0 and a 16gig card or some other flagship game changing phone announced.

Robbzilla

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If it's an iPhone, then it has to be 4G in order to be an industry first. I'm betting a big webOS announcement, with a new phone and tablet.

Don't bet on that. From what I've heard, Precentral didn't get an invite, while Android Central did, which leads me to believe this will be an Android announcement.

Reactions: MannyZ28

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
It would have to be something spectacular to make me give up my evo, I've had it since launch day and its by far the best phone I've ever owned. It's been out for about eight months now and it still does all I ask (Talk,txt,pix,email,music,web browsing,occasional gaming) and does it well, even when I'm doing those things all at once. I'm a premier customer and I get an upgrade every year, but I can definitely see myself keeping this phone another year if there isn't an evo 2 shipping with gingerbread,sense 2.0 and a 16gig card or some other flagship game changing phone announced.

Don't forget, you have to up your plan by $20 now if you wanna keep that annual upgrade option...

nebke

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the dual screen idea, it would be different. I hope thats for a phone though.

It would be interesting what they would come up with for the second display.

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget, you have to up your plan by $20 now if you wanna keep that annual upgrade option...

Actually I've been with Sprint for over ten years so thankfully the changes to the premier program don't affect me. My yearly upgrade is still intact.

Last edited:

abarca326

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
actually from what i hear that it may not a phone at all. it could actually the announcement of the multi mode towers that they are going to start making. Sprint outlines network evolution plan, multimode towers in 2011 | BGR | Boy Genius Report which i guess explains "impossible is possible". i think this is probably why they changing their policy with 3G smartphones by making them also pay the premium data cost to help fund these towers. Also they are getting rid of nextel by 2013 and the towers will also be completed by 2013.