Rumor - LG G4 S model

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Just saw this article, about a rumored LG G4 S, to possibly be announced later this month:

Alleged LG G4 S Images And Specs Leak : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

Cutting to the chase, specs:
When it comes to specs, the new variant is expected to feature a 5.2-inch display with in-cell technology and a full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Under the hood, the handset will reportedly pack an octa-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz.

The report further reveals having learned from sources that the LG G4 S will also feature an 8-megapixel rear camera with Laser Auto Focus, dual-LED flash and adjustable manual settings in the pre-installed apps.

Speaking only for myself, I'd welcome a slightly-smaller screen, for pocketability reasons. I don't have a problem with 1920x1080 resolution, especially if it helped battery life.

The only mentioned spec that I don't like is the 8MP camera, and the fact that it mentions dual-LED flash, which implies it doesn't have the G4's white balance sensor. Which further implies it could be a significantly-different camera than the G4, rather than just lower-resolution but still the same lens, OIS, etc.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind a slightly smaller screen. I am interested in this. But I'd have to sell the G4 to afford this one. Wonder how that camera will be...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To me, a big screen and a good camera were most important when I decided to buy my LG G4. This new camera sounds like a step down and not a step up.

I agree with the other posters that the 5.5" screen is a bit big for me. But, this is also the reason it's so nice having a wide variety of options. Despite the size, I still like the G4.

Edit: Mod note: Moved to rumored device lounge.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Personally I think 5.2" is too small. With that said, it sounds like a mid range device... If it can come in around $250-300 then it could be a good option.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Golfdriver97, thank you for moving this thread, my apologies for posting it in the wrong area.

I, for one, would like to see ~5" screen-size devices still be positioned as "full-featured", high-end devices. I just would prefer the form factor of a smaller screen, but I'm not focused on saving $50 on the new-contract cost of the phone, nor do I want to slash the specs to something mediocre.

Smaller should not inherently mean slow, crippled, etc. I see that there are some other smaller-screen G4 variants in other markets, like the G4C (5.0"), but that one seems to have 8GB internal storage, with 1GB of RAM, vs 32GB & 3GB for the G4.

I have no yearning for an iPhone, but I believe the 6 and 6 Plus are similar specs under the hood (RAM, storage capacity, CPU speed, camera MP & lens f-stop, etc), though I believe only the Plus has OIS for the camera. But Apple appears to recognize that there are folks who don't want a large screen, but still want a good phone. And I applaud that.

As I've said before, an LG G4 Mini (or whatever), with the same guts as the G4, but in a smaller package, say 5-5.2", also getting better battery life (such as more SOT, due to the smaller screen), would actually be more appealing to me than the G4. Even if it was priced the same.