Sprint to offer dual core before 2015?

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the forums and really enjoy them! Keep up the great work all!

In my observations, Verizon seems to have an impressive roll out of high end Andriod phones and yet they don't even offer a dual core device.(?)

Sprint's selection and offerrings (until the Evo and Shift) have been too little too late IMHO. What are the chances they will have a dual core (hopefully HTC) in our lifetime?!?:)

Thanks again to all contributors!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Im betting they will get HTC's first dual core, it seems as though moto is partnering mostly with verizon/AT&T while HTC is headed towards sprint and t-mo mostly.

As for when... Hopefully my grandson can use it. :p

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Im betting they will get HTC's first dual core, it seems as though moto is partnering mostly with verizon/AT&T while HTC is headed towards sprint and t-mo mostly.

As for when... Hopefully my grandson can use it. :p

I agree with this 100%. I'm sure HTC has been developing something with dual core for a while now, and since the Thunderbolt seems to be the premier HTC device on Verizon for at least the next few months, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see HTC's first dual core phone hit Sprint.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
They will offer it by before 2012, LG come on now I know I am impressed by LG Opt 2x but they been MIA in the game lol only reason they are even on it due to Tegra2. When HTC/Moto/Sam drops dual core you know its serious Biz, HTC is deploying dual core by end of Q3. What you call Sprint "the now network" they better have decent phones in their profile then.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I am positive Sprint will announce a dual core phone soon. I think Sprint will get more love from the manufacturers now that Verizon has the iphone. Also they will look at Samsung's record sales last year...it mostly happened because their flagship phone was on ALL carriers. Here's hoping LG does the same with the 2X.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I am positive Sprint will announce a dual core phone soon. I think Sprint will get more love from the manufacturers now that Verizon has the iphone. Also they will look at Samsung's record sales last year...it mostly happened because their flagship phone was on ALL carriers. Here's hoping LG does the same with the 2X.

LG has made some very solid phones thus far, and even a lot of their feature phones have been pretty decent, so here's to hoping that Sprint, and *all* of the U.S. carriers get some more LG love this year.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
My (less than educated) guess is that we'll see something shipped in the June timeframe to replace the Evo. In fact, it's that assumption that has me 90% convinced I'll keep the Epic I still have some 30-day return left on...

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 /\ I believe this to be true ... This summer just like last summer will be big for sprint.

I'll Pick Q2 for the dual core

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why people get so worried about Sprint like they have fallen behind. Even today, the Evo 4G is still one of the most relevant Android phones on the market. Sprint is doing just fine, relax people.

Reactions: tyrelian

tailsthecat3

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
how many dual core 'phones'(read:not tabs)actually exist? exactly. in korea.

everyone needs to relax. the battery manufacturers are holding us back. ill pay the premium for a thin 2500mah battery.

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why people get so worried about Sprint like they have fallen behind. Even today, the Evo 4G is still one of the most relevant Android phones on the market. Sprint is doing just fine, relax people.

Couldn't have said it any better
Life is about EVOlution

andrew_EVO

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm pushing for Feb 7th. Sprints invite only with Dan Hassa himself. They said there will be another industry 1st. So I'm hoping HTC and sprint have a duel core. I have only had my evo for 2 months and I love it but I could see myself getting a duel core phone the day it comes out. Are my hopes to high for sprint and HTC for thinking they could announce a duel core phone as soon as Feb 7th?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to run out of guesses about the industry first thing. LG spilled the beans about the Optimus 3d today, and they will announce that in Barcelona on the 14th. Samsung confirmed the Galaxy 2 already and that will be unveiled on the 13th. Both of those phones might have been hot contenders for what Sprint might have up it's sleeve on the 7th, but, since they won't be announced by their respective companies until a week after the Sprint event, I believe we can rule those out. So, what else could it be?? Maybe it is a 3d phone of some type by another manufacturer and it would have been the first 3d phone to be announced if the pics of the Optimus 3d hadn't surfaced today??

The plot thickens!

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I think glassless 3D on a cell phone is kinda silly, but who knows? They might impress me.

As for dual-core phones, we've already had three announced at CES and with MWC coming up in just a week or so, I expect to hear about several more. HTC will undoubtedly unveil something dual-core at MWC. They're not stupid and they obviously intend to stay in the Android game.

Just be a little partient. It'll probably be April-June before we see any of these devices hit the shelves, so you just have to decide how important it is to you to get a new phone *right now*.

As for Sprint, I've impressed so many friends with my Evo, that half of them have dropped their old phones and got Android devices. And half of those ended up with either an Evo or Epic. Sprint's doing OK. Especially since their service seems a lot more reliable right now than AT&T or even T-Mo. Even friends that were nay-sayers when I got my Evo have changed their tune. Everybody complains about the $10/month fee for the Evo/Epic, but even with that, they're still cheaper than AT&T *and* Verizon. Plus, I can call my all my buddies for free, whether they have the Epic, the HTC Incredible, the Droid X or even the iPhone.

...not that I would associate with anyone who owned an iPhone ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2