I want a dual-core HTC phone on Verizon!

SuperJonCA

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm not satisfied with the offerings from Motorola(locked down), Samsung(no updates) and LG (Idk enough about LG). I love how open and customizable my incredible is and want a similar experience I just want a faster system for games and media. Anybody else agree?

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
IMHO , just wait six months it'll come Im sure HTC has em made already, and are waiting till their allowed to ship em out.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Given the underwhelming announcements from HTC (to say the least) at MWC, it would appear we all have a very long wait ahead...

Or so it seems, but I dont think HTC will sit on there dualcore for long. But we all have to remember that the new single core Snappers in the new phones paired with more ram will definitely be high performance phones very capable of doing the things expected of these first gen duals.
LG Optimus 2X & NVIDIA Tegra 2 Review: The First Dual-Core Smartphone - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
They're gonna wait to perfect the Dual Core technology. They're basically pulling an Apple. Apple released an EDGE phone right when 3G was coming out and waited to coverage got better, they'll probably do the same with 4G/HSPA+/LTE/WiMAX. But Im sure next year HTC will have Dual Core phones on almost all their high end phones.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Im thinking late this year when the 8960 goes into mass production especially knowing 2.4 will support dualcore and the 8960 will be very efficient and powerful

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
i've been actually wondering if HTC would have shown any dual core products at mwc. even their tablet was single core. however, this doesnt imply that it wont be able to do what most of us expect from a phone or tablet. hell, even the nook seems to be running honeycomb. and thats def not dual core, or even a gig of RAM. so its not a question of whether its capable or not, but whether these products will have the latest and greatest technology.

I remember reading in another part of the forum that if it does what we really want it to, (in my case, txt, email, phone, maybe some games and movies) then do we really have to wait for a dual core phone? the way technology is advancing, we'll probably have quad core ready in about a year or so.

it would have been great to get a dual core phone from HTC, but i guess for whatever reason, they arent ready to reveal anything yet. i know the tbolt will give me everything i need, and if i can get decent battery life out of it, then i guess i got my next phone. and if htc happens to release a dual core phone sometime later in the year, then i guess i get to wait til next yr to see what else they have.

but yes i would totally agree, a dual core HTC would have been killer, hands down.

Dave4321

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
A month after the Thunderbolt is released we will start hearing about dual core HTC phones. They don't want to mess up thunderbolt sales.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
HTC's being smart and is gonna wait for 2.4 to come out everyone has to realize the new snapdragon procs are way more advanced than the ones in the DINC and droid x just because the new HTC's arent coming with shiny new dual cores doesnt mean they in anyway are underpowered