so sprint has another huge announcement march 22!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
HTC Flyer tablet maybe.

That's been announced already.

I think the pieces are lining up for this to be an Evo 3d/Evo2 announcement. Both Sprint and HTC better start showing some cards because at both CES and MWC, neither one of them had anything worth a cent to show. The Thunderbolt on Verizon is just an updated Evo. Here is there chance to do it right. I don't even care if they don't increase the screen resolution to qHD, most people can't even tell the difference and all it does is slow things down 3d graphicswise because the phone has to push more pixels around.

Another nice thing to mention, the new Snapdragons are the only ones that passed Netflix security scrutiny, so that would be the android killer app to show off on the Evo2!

Add in some fancy 3d, and it will be the talk of CTIA and result in me being one happy camper!!

Hopefully they will bake in a nice version of HTC Sense as well!

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
My wishlist for the next evo.
Dual-core snapdragon/tegra 2
1gb ram
1gb rom
16gb internal
qHD
DLNA
HDMI
4" not 4.3"
Android 2.3 or higher.

Prediction
Dual core Snapdragon/tegra 2
700+ mb ram
1gb rom
16gb sd card
WVGA 3d display.
hdmi
dlna
4.3"
Android 2.2

WrlsFanatic

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Oooor.. You can root. Install roamcontrol. And overload your data/call usage with roaming use.. (free for you with unlimited plan).. and violate the terms ofservice saying you agree to limited roaminguse. Thus getting terminated. Etf free. If sprint doesn't anounce some new phones that are amazing a ctia I am prob gonna do that and go to vz at some point this summer asthey get new devices.

Sent from my Epic 4g via Tapatalk.
People like you are such losers. If you don't like ETFs, why don't you pay full retail for your devices, deadbeat? While you're at it, why don't you go on welfare and use your check for breast implants for your girlfriend.

"Look at me, I identify myself by my wireless device, so if I'm not getting the best possible device every year for less than half the real price of it, I'll screw the company so they HAVE to let me out of my contract. I have to do this because there are things my current super phone just can't do... like fly me to other countries."

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Oooor.. You can root. Install roamcontrol. And overload your data/call usage with roaming use.. (free for you with unlimited plan).. and violate the terms ofservice saying you agree to limited roaminguse. Thus getting terminated. Etf free. If sprint doesn't anounce some new phones that are amazing a ctia I am prob gonna do that and go to vz at some point this summer asthey get new devices.

Sent from my Epic 4g via Tapatalk.

There is no way that is going to break the contract right there. The only way that can happen is if the COMPANY does something to violate the agreement. Not you yourself.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how true this is or not, but I just wanted to throw it out there...I have a friend who works for Sprint in sales, and "they" stated that the announcement a few weeks ago with David Blaine was supposed to be for a new HTC 3D phone, but it wasn't ready in time, so they had to go with the Kyocera (which by the way i was HIGHLY disappointed in). I'm not sure what the benefit would be for a 3D phone....but "industry first" it would be.

Looks like your friend was right. You should milk him for more info!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sweet...well, I am definitely excited for CTIA.

I wish they would cook up a souped up version of the Nexus S for Sprint, stick a Tegra 2 in there why don't ya?

On the other hand, this makes chosing the Evo 3d much easier. I wonder if Samsung will wait as long as last year to announce the Galaxy S2 for the american carriers?

ArtVandelay

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
The EVO was a beast, so the EVO 2 must also be a beast.

I'll be disappointed if it doesn't have:

Dual Core
Increased Resolution
Increased RAM/Storage
Android 2.3 (not a big deal since it will be rooted anyway)
Android Ice Cream would be freaking awesome, but not realistic
Better 4G radio
Keyboard option would be sweet
Keep the 4.3"...do NOT go smaller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781