New Nexus???

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
HTC will place a 3000 mah battery in there max. Why can't other companies place big batteries in their phones like huawei

That wouldn't shock me one bit. Why is it that we know basically all there is to know about the HTC 10, from the specs to the design, yet we know nothing about the battery capacity? Because as always, HTC batteries are low in capacity and quality.

When Huawei says they prefer 1080P screens to QHD, it's because they know higher resolution screens chew through a battery faster. And when they do use QHD panels like the one on the 6P, they use higher capacity, optimized batteries. If the rumor is true and HTC is making the next Nexus, unless I'm wowed by the reviews, I'm sticking with the 6P.

Posted via the Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
HTC will place a 3000 mah battery in there max. Why can't other companies place big batteries in their phones like huawei
Huawei wasn't the first manufacturer to use bigger battery in a Nexus. The N6 has 3220 mAh battery and gets better battery life than the 6P. Other non Huawei phones with big battery include the S7 Edge, Note 4, Zuk Z1, Zenfone Max, OnePlus 2 and Z5 premium.

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I hope there will be more than one size like in 2015.

I'm a big-screen guy myself. 5.5" is my personal MINIMUM, and 6" is my ideal. Heck, I could probably even go a little bit bigger than 6", though 6 would probably still remain the ideal.

But I know there are a lot of people who would want a Nexus, who really dislike giant screens, and/or the higher price point of a truly premium device, so for both the size and money considerations, I truly hope they'll offer AT LEAST something to replace the 5x, and I wouldn't mind seeing them offering a third phone on the order of Apple's "new" iPhone SE.

With split screen being one of the key features of N, I definitely don't want to see the top-end Nexus sport anything smaller than the 5.7" of the current 6p, so hopefully we're not looking at a 5.5". And again, I think a boost back up to 6" from the 2014 Nexus would be the true ideal!

Cheers!

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope there will be more than one size like in 2015.

I'm a big-screen guy myself. 5.5" is my personal MINIMUM, and 6" is my ideal. Heck, I could probably even go a little bit bigger than 6", though 6 would probably still remain the ideal.

But I know there are a lot of people who would want a Nexus, who really dislike giant screens, and/or the higher price point of a truly premium device, so for both the size and money considerations, I truly hope they'll offer AT LEAST something to replace the 5x, and I wouldn't mind seeing them offering a third phone on the order of Apple's "new" iPhone SE.

With split screen being one of the key features of N, I definitely don't want to see the top-end Nexus sport anything smaller than the 5.7" of the current 6p, so hopefully we're not looking at a 5.5". And again, I think a boost back up to 6" from the 2014 Nexus would be the true ideal!

Cheers!

I'm on the same boat. I'm definitely in the 5.7-6.0 ballpark. It wouldn't make any sense to have a split screen feature on Android N and make a smaller phone. I'm sure we'll have two Nexus devices again to please both.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I need to give this some thought as well. The battery is dying on my Nexus 5, and it's time to replace it. Question is, should I go for the 6P, or wait a few months for whatever's next? Don't know precisely if my battery will hold out that long, however. What to do, what to do...

davebuk

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I need to give this some thought as well. The battery is dying on my Nexus 5, and it's time to replace it. Question is, should I go for the 6P, or wait a few months for whatever's next? Don't know precisely if my battery will hold out that long, however. What to do, what to do...
Replacing the battery is fairly easy if you want to give it a go. I've done the same on my nexus 5. 6p is too big for me but would love to have an idea of size of a new nexus.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

I totally understand. Idk what to do either.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Who thinks it's coming out in the next couple months? & who thinks it's coming out in October/September-ish? That is the question...

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine they'll ship any sooner than they have the past however many years. No matter what, it takes a certain amount of time to design, prototype, test, build, and ship a phone, and why would that process go any faster this time around? I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 6P, and am liking it so far. I'll be disappointed if they ship a new one sooner than October, and surprised, but I suppose that's the risk.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I can't imagine they'll ship any sooner than they have the past however many years. No matter what, it takes a certain amount of time to design, prototype, test, build, and ship a phone, and why would that process go any faster this time around? I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 6P, and am liking it so far. I'll be disappointed if they ship a new one sooner than October, and surprised, but I suppose that's the risk.

Cool thanks bro, just further confirms what someone else just told me. Very much appreciate the advice! Now I just have to figure out if I can get by with the 64gb w/ storage (Pics, Videos & Storage) because the gold is my fav. or get the 128gb Frost. Thanks Wynand32.. Cool Pic

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Cool thanks bro, just further confirms what someone else just told me. Very much appreciate the advice! Now I just have to figure out if I can get by with the 64gb w/ storage (Pics, Videos & Storage) because the gold is my fav. or get the 128gb Frost. Thanks Wynand32

Sure, no problem, for what's it's worth. :) Let's hope my prediction holds true. That said, I went with the 64GB version since it's only $50 more than the 32GB, but couldn't justify an extra $100 to go to 128GB. Good luck!

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Sure, no problem, for what's it's worth. :) Let's hope my prediction holds true. That said, I went with the 64GB version since it's only $50 more than the 32GB, but couldn't justify an extra $100 to go to 128GB. Good luck!

I think it's a good prediction & even if it's not, hey what can you do? Not the worse scenario. I'll have a 6p.. I'm thinking the same about storage, plus that extra cloud storage or something to that extent. I think I have to lean towards the 64gb. Thanks again! :eek:)

chennaite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Nexus will be released with official Android N couldn't wait to see, and expecting something like type C headphones and successor design like Nexus 6P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech