New Nexus???

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if a successor to the venerable N6/6P is in the works?

Upgrade time is approaching and my curiosity is piqued!

Thanks,

Fred

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I agree. It would seem a little schizoid to enable split screen functioning and then shrink the size of the display. Then again, that sounds like exactly the sort of bonehead move HTC would make! Eeesh. I just scared myself!

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I agree. It would seem a little schizoid to enable split screen functioning and then shrink the size of the display. Then again, that sounds like exactly the sort of bonehead move HTC would make! Eeesh. I just scared myself!

What makes you think that HTC will make the decision on screen size?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Click bait sites like Yibada claim that the new Nexus will be released sometime in July, just before the Note 6. I doubt it highly, but since Preview One has already been released a full two months early, who knows?

If the rumors are true, I'm not keen on HTC making the Nexus at all. They put crap, low capacity batteries in their phones (from experience), and the bezels are a joke, although the ones on my 6P are up there).

Taking away the BoomSound front speakers makes it an automatic no-go for me. Finally, no one knows how good they are in terms of fingerprint implementation. If I'm not absolutely blown away by the next Nexus, I'm sticking with the 6P.

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I love my 6p, so I can only hope that something just as awesome comes out this year. I was a small screen guy until I got the 6p, now I'm not sure I can go for anything less.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Taking away the BoomSound front speakers makes it an automatic no-go for me. Finally, no one knows how good they are in terms of fingerprint implementation. If I'm not absolutely blown away by the next Nexus, I'm sticking with the 6P.

HTC Nexus can still have high quality stereo speakers without being called BoomSound. Fingerprint sensor shouldn't be an issue. We already know the A9 has very good fingerprint sensor.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The nexus 6's 6 inch screen was amazing. Even though it wasn't that much larger. It even made the note 4 feel more like a 5.5 inch device when compared to the nexus 6.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The nexus 6's 6 inch screen was amazing. Even though it wasn't that much larger. It even made the note 4 feel more like a 5.5 inch device when compared to the nexus 6.

Absolutely! I love the screen size. Can't wait for the next Nexus. 5.7 is the absolute smallest I'm going.