Droid Turbo 3 wish list

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Memo to Motorola/Lenovo

I think many DROID turbo 1 owners are like me and their two year contracts are up in six months. We like the phone but many of us are leaving the brand unless your Droid Turbo 3 camera hardware and software match Samsung, LG and Nexus 6P.

No more getting away with your camera simply being "adequate".

Posted via the Android Central App

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Memo to Motorola/Lenovo

I'll be leaving anyway, due to their poor track record with updates (though I'm using the XT1225 version, not the Verizon Droid Turbo model). Rooting and using Resurrection Remix saved me in that regard.

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I like the Turbo. The camera is the least used function on my phone. The pictures I take with it are never critical enough to worry about. Lollipop is fine with me and possibly find with most owners. I never researched the advantages of Marshmallow, so I don't yearn for it. Not too worried about N either. The phone works the way I want it to.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Not that there aren't other reasons to switch from Motorola, but I was under the impression that the Turbo 2 has a camera that is among the best at the time of its release. I think it's clear that Motorola already received that message and did something about it.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Not that there aren't other reasons to switch from Motorola, but I was under the impression that the Turbo 2 has a camera that is among the best at the time of its release. I think it's clear that Motorola already received that message and did something about it.

The droid turbo 2 camera is better than turbo 1 but it's still in the average realm. Samsung, LG, Apple, Sony and Nexus 6P are all superior.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
This is probably more apt for Droid turbo 1 owners with two year contracts ending this fall... But what changes and added features do you want to see in next iteration?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The ability to have Android updated by an ota directly from Google rather than waiting for development by Motorola and approval by Verizon. (That's probably something Google would need to pioneer with N.)

Also, back to 5.2" or smaller, or back to a normal size and a plus sized model with equivalent specs.

Keep up the good work on improving the camera.

Fingerprint sensor.

A swap and exchange program at Verizon stores rather than cross shipping replacements (at least for those who don't customize the phone, and give customizers the ability to do a warranty exchange for a standard design if they wish to.) For Droid brand only. Verizon should reward their loyal Droid customers with a special privilege like that.

USB 3 cables would be good, too. It's nice to be able to plug in without thinking about orientation.

Last edited:

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of the shatterproof screen. It's too plastic and is a lint magnet. I'd like to see a phone that looks like the Droid Turbo 1, but without the onscreen capacitative buttons.

My biggest problem with the DT2 is battery life, so I want a battery that's in the 4200-4500 mah range, even if it makes the phone slightly thicker.

Keep the rest of the DT2 specs and throw in whatever improvements are ready by October. I love the aluminum feel in the DT2, so keep that. Keep the three back options and Moto Maker. Trim down the bezels, even if it means the phone isn't completely unbreakable. Get rid of all of the openings on the front.

While we are talking improvements, might as well also improve the speaker quality.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Mod note: off topic thread moved to rumored devices forum.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
1. Finger print sensor
2. A way to water proof it without having to cover each port.
3. Better voice recognition for the voice control.
4. Much more advanced settings. I really miss that from my S5. The setting options are just too simplified. I want to control certain settings like notifications for individual apps without having to go into the app, since alot of apps don't have that option.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
In order from most important to least: fingerprint sensor, more scratch resistant shatterproof screen, waterproof, more power efficient and cooler running processor. That's it. I'd also say carrier unlocked but there's the non-Droid branded version for that.

The T2 is already an almost perfect phone, but Verizon is such a pain in the **** I switched to a Nexus 6P. I would've sprung for a Moto X Force but I can't justify spending $900+ to import one into the States when I was able to get the 6P for $400.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I share the sentiments of Cajun_Mike.

If you look at the ratings at DxOMark, you will see the top spots are all Samsung cameras. The achilles heel of the Turbo1 or (Turbo2) is low light conditions and no optical image stabilization. Either Turbo 1 or 2 camera takes better photos in good light than any Samsung phone (Samsung's software oversaturates the colors and can lose detail with "only" 16 MB resolution), but Samsung has more features and options built into the stock software. And it launches quickly and can capture a photo faster than any phone.

I was kind of stoked about the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge mainly for the camera. The GS7 has decreased the resolution of their sensor but improved the low light capability. While the low light shots I've seen have been breathtaking I have read some unenthusiastic reviews for the new GS7 camera, overall. It will be interesting to see how DxOMark rates the GS7 cameras. Also waiting for the GSM Arena camera tests for the GS7.

Edited to add: Also, the battery life on the GS7 is not bowling me over.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
You guys are dreaming with your Google OTA hopes. As long as Motorola keeps using skinned (albeit lightly skinned) versions of Android, that will never happen.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
In Europe (where I live) moto updates are really fast, the problem is Verizon, not motorola.

You're right about Verizon being the holdup, but even other US carriers are very slow. Google issues a number of updates for Android. In many cases, the carrier's only use 2 of them. They are referring to wanting to be Nexus like and get everything Google pushes out the door. Up to date features and security etc. Which would be nice, but will never happen. There's only one version of iOS across all iPhone/ipads. There are thousands of skinned Android versions.

I wish the GPE thing would have worked out, even though it wasn't as fast as the nexii.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You guys are dreaming with your Google OTA hopes. As long as Motorola keeps using skinned (albeit lightly skinned) versions of Android, that will never happen.

1. I think Motorola would be better off not customizing android at all and add new features as apps, not core features. This means switching to the default camera app, etc.

2. Hoping this really happens: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02/17/google_android_takeover/

3. The only chance I'll buy another Motorola phone is if Moto makes a change like that. I can easily buy another brand that does those things I listed, including rapid updates (and that includes pushing monthly security patches.)

The question was what would I like to see. Well, that's what I'd like to see. If Moto doesn't want my business, that's fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol