Yeah i know HTC is making the next Nexus phone but i can't shake the assumption that HTC will be a step backwards for the Nexus line. Huawei did such a great job with the Nexus 6P and i don't believe HTC have the marketing power to move buyers to upgrade their Nexus 6P. Of course, HTC will have the latest and greatest specs in the new Nexus. i would hope that Google would influence the material design of the Nexus 6P into the HTC Nexus and offer a better camera experience (hardware and software).

What are your thought and feeling?
    05-11-2016 10:51 AM
    A lot of what you just said could be read last year with Huawei as the company in doubt and everyone wanting Moto to be the Nexus maker again after the 6. Not saying you're wrong, just that this worry is common.
    05-11-2016 11:10 AM
    The HTC 10 is getting great reviews from people; the battery life especially, to my surprise. That's my most important concern, so I'm a bit more optimistic than I was when I first heard HTC would be making the new Nexus. I do prefer to have the navigation buttons off screen like on the 10 to save screen real estate, but not at the expense of BoomSound front stereo speakers. I also prefer the circular fingerprint scanner on the back. If Google insists on BoomSound stereo speakers and optimizes a larger capacity battery, with the SD 820 or 823, I may be persuaded to upgrade from my 6P, which I love anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-13-2016 09:41 AM
    I just want a 5.7-6 inch screen. I hope Google and HTC knocks this out the park. If not, I hear Huawei is making a 6P refresh.
    beaner b and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    05-15-2016 10:13 AM
    If not, I hear Huawei is making a 6P refresh.
    That's nothing more than rumor and innuendo for now, but I agree with you about wanting whoever to stick with a larger display.
    05-16-2016 10:49 AM
    I want to know why the new Nexus device isn't going to be announced at Google's I/O event. Just going by what some Android sites said. Kinda upset about that. Any ideas when the next Nexus will be officially talked about?
    05-18-2016 12:21 PM
    I want to know why the new Nexus device isn't going to be announced at Google's I/O event. Just going by what some Android sites said. Kinda upset about that. Any ideas when the next Nexus will be officially talked about?
    They're typically announced at the end of Q3 and launched in Q4.
    AllenRulz and aximtreo like this.
    05-18-2016 12:23 PM
    Wouldn't Google themselves be handling the marketing, rather than HTC?

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv
    firebirder likes this.
    05-19-2016 11:33 PM
    Yeah i know HTC is making the next Nexus phone but i can't shake the assumption that HTC will be a step backwards for the Nexus line. Huawei did such a great job with the Nexus 6P and i don't believe HTC have the marketing power to move buyers to upgrade their Nexus 6P. Of course, HTC will have the latest and greatest specs in the new Nexus. i would hope that Google would influence the material design of the Nexus 6P into the HTC Nexus and offer a better camera experience (hardware and software).

What are your thought and feeling?
    After losing my 6P, I took advantage of a sale and picked up a 5X as a replacement. Despite the hardware advantages (primarily battery life and screen size of the 6P for my needs), I think the 5X is the better phone for my needs.

Since I largely use it in the car, Bluetooth is critical. Bluetooth on the 6P was not as reliable and every 3-4 days would need to be disconnected and reconnected for both phone and music player on my car's Bluetooth. The 5X connected immediately and has paired flawlessly for over 6 weeks now to the same car. (you'll see the Bluetooth problem is an oft-cited issue on 6P forums, including Reddit)

Also, I've yet to have my 5x freeze and require a soft reset. Yet this happened about once a week on the 6P.

Maybe I was cursed with a bad 6P and blessed with an extraordinary 5X but my loss of the 6P turned into a gain for my needs.
    06-03-2016 03:46 PM
    I love , love the building quality of HTC phones and would wait to see what these new Nexus phones would be like but honestly it looks like a Note 7 will be in the near future for me
    06-05-2016 12:33 PM
    I think Google with be more responsible for the marketing than HTC will. Any honestly, I think you need to have somewhat of an interest in Android phones to know about the Nexus line and not just the casual consumer (since you can't walk into a carrier store and buy one). If that's the case, marketing might not be as important.

As for screen size, I would prefer a 5.5'' screen or similar personally. I know a lot of people on the forums are wanting a 5.7''-6'' screen but I see that as unlikely. This is based on the current sizes of the flagships phones (minus the Note obviously). I assume the people that are making/designs these phones are smarter than me (they make more money) so they must know what the public trend is for screen size.
    Scott Shrewsberry likes this.
    07-27-2016 08:40 PM
    I started out with an iPhone, then an S3, an S4, back to an iPhone 6, and finally a Note 5. I have always liked the idea of the pure Android Nexus concept but the hardware never really came close to the others at the time I was shopping for them.

The final straw for me with Samsung was having to wait 7 months (AT&T rolled it out to me on June 22nd!) for Marshmallow only to find that after three or four weeks of normal usage the battery life was horribly inconsistent; one day it's 6% per hour and the next it's 3.5%. Same usage, same locations (home, work). I was expecting, especially with Doze, equal or better battery life.

I bought the 6P mainly to test drive the software and see if I see any improvement in overall battery performance in what is for me normal usage. So far I really like it. Picture quality seems to be at least equal to the Note 5 (for me. I'm not a photo nerd). Figure I'll keep it for at least a week or so and if I like the OS and battery life is good, I'll either keep it or return it and wait for the new one(s).
    Scott Shrewsberry likes this.
    07-27-2016 09:54 PM
    Will there be expandable memory?

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    08-03-2016 05:14 PM
    I think the very notion that the Nexus name and reputation will be tacked on to HTC will make the anticipation for the device skyrocket. People trust Nexus and it's a great system, so that alone will keep people intrigued and hoping. I think it will be a greay partnership and am looking forward to its release with great anticipation. But my wallet isn't.

08-03-2016 11:17 PM
    HTC makes some of the best devices ever! Because they are making this device...I'm swapping from a Moto X 14' to my first Nexus device as a full time daily driver! I miss my M7....
    08-04-2016 09:50 AM
    Will there be expandable memory?
    99% no. Nexus phones have never had expandable memory, so I don't see them starting now.
    08-04-2016 10:11 AM
    Same thing has been said about every company making a Nexus device.

I remember worries about Samsung making the Nexus S as it wasn't HTC, then fears of LG who were making the Nexus 4, then Huawei making the 6P and now it's come full circle to fearing about HTC?

HTC would just be involved with the hardware design and procuring the parts for manufacturing. I believe Google has a lot more influence on the phone than HTC does.
    Aquila and AllenRulz like this.
    08-04-2016 06:57 PM
    It's going to be an HTC 10 with a new chassis. Is there speculation otherwise?

08-06-2016 01:00 PM
    It's going to be an HTC 10 with a new chassis. Is there speculation otherwise?

And different software, a different fingerprint sensor, different buttons, different size.. so all it had in common is the same third party SoC and RAM
    08-06-2016 01:04 PM
    Is there speculation otherwise?
    There's always speculation. Even over lost causes. Hell, there were people adamant that that Note 7 would release with Android 7 up until the release date.

You pick the channel; you watch whatever's playing.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-06-2016 02:03 PM