Question: Would Any one Consider The iPhone 7 Pro Over the Galaxy Note 6?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently looking for a device around the 5.0" screen size. Plus, I have small hands so a device that's 5.5" + isn't easy to handle. But that being said, bother devices would be top of the line so you can't go wrong with either. :)

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently looking for a device around the 5.0" screen size. Plus, I have small hands so a device that's 5.5" + isn't easy to handle. But that being said, bother devices would be top of the line so you can't go wrong with either. :)

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

Same. Seems we will have some choices here soon. Nexus Sailfish, Sony x compact, iphone 7 and Motorola supposed to have a 5" version of the Moto X I think.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't really like big phones, even though I have big hands. If one of the Nexus has a smaller than 5 inch version, high end specs, metal chassis and stereo front speakers I will upgrade from my great fast and trusty htc one m8.
Is that asking too much? ;)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Guess we'll see next week! My G4 died and using my old G3 now. Considering a iPhone 7 because I just don't like Samsung after the gs3 I had. Although I'd look at the gs7 edge and not the note 7

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Guess we'll see next week! My G4 died and using my old G3 now. Considering a iPhone 7 because I just don't like Samsung after the gs3 I had. Although I'd look at the gs7 edge and not the note 7
Why not wait for the new 2 Nexus before making such decision?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I know I have already answered saying I will never go to the dark side, buut after being at the WWE Smackdown event with ringside seats with my boyfriend and seeing his IPhone 6 get great battery life all throughout the day and night yesterday , I might reconsider my options. His battery was at 75% with 1-2 signals, AT&T LTE with apps open in the background and MY Note 5 at 79% Was constantly draining having 1-2 signals 4g LTE, also on AT&T, NO apps open in the background, background apps turned off and Mine DIED before the end of the night was over!!!

I am Blow away by the battery performance of his device before I took over and started taking pics nonstop. By the time the event was over, it was down to 64% .

I have only used the IPhone 5, but that was 2 years ago for 3 days and then returned it due to the stupid limitations it had for the (old) Note 3. I know they have great RAM management, but still, DO ALL IPHONES have better battery life?

boss.king

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If it was a Note-esque device, I honestly might. I've started customising my 6P less and less, and while I really like Android I have nothing against iPhones. That said, the price would probably make it a firm no, that's one of my main gripes with Apple devices.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If it was a Note-esque device, I honestly might. I've started customising my 6P less and less, and while I really like Android I have nothing against iPhones. That said, the price would probably make it a firm no, that's one of my main gripes with Apple devices.

Yeah, buying an iPhone feels like being robbed

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I steer clear of Apple. I've been recently intrigued by the Samsung series - I especially like the Edge devices. But Notes are awesome and I feel like if I were to choose, the Note would be my best bet.

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
No doubt the iphone 7 will sell to the Apple loyalists, however, major carriers do realize that the features of the Iphone 7 really are lacking compared to Androids out there now. The fact the these major carriers are effectively offering a subsidized iphone 7 tells us that they are concerned about less motivational reasons for people to upgrade to iphone 7. It is really unfortunate that Samsung messed up with the battery issue, since specification and featurewise it is far better.

I think a lot of folks who jump on the iphone 7 will have a fair number of buyers remorse when they find out it really buys them very little over the iphone 6.

I

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been using a iPhone 6s Plus for a little over a year now (gave my S6 edge to my Mom).

It works fine. But the experience is frankly boring. And the hardware is meh, in the sense and feeling of Apple hardware in the post Jobs era. One thing - the battery life is stellar. No complaints.

They say next year is the big one for the iPhone. They actually said that ....after.... the iPhone 6s was released. So, the iPhone 7 is basically an iPhone 6, whose design is 2 years old, with upgraded components of course.

The Note 6 (7 is actual num) design is based on that of Samsung's new design language that they introduced with the S6 edge, also a design that is 2 years old.

If I had to choose between the two, I would justify the decision this way:

If you like to upgrade every year and get a new device, get the Samsung. Has more options and more possibilities. Updates will be slow to push, but the sPen can carve dribble onto bathroom walls. You'll be the cool uncle or that person at the party with a magic wand and a runaway Google Play Services eating your battery. Your phone will get hot, but not as hot as your polka dot Mr. Robot boxers and unabomber hoodie.

If you like to keep devices for 3+ years then get that fruit. You have to like a little boring in your life for this option. This is the safe bet. Your battery will be great until Apple sends you an update exactly two weeks before the Sept 2019 iPhone release event in which your iPhone will turn into a laggy mess. But no worries because Johnny I've will, in his unfunny non-Austin Powers way, convince you that you can now move icons ANYWHERE on the screen (Gasp!).

Now, where are the damn Pixel Phones....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles