Verizon Stock Android LTE phone

muckdawg24

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola Targa will be the stock vanilla android or Google phone. It is said that it packs a quad core processor, LTE, a 12 megapixel rear camera, front facing camera and power VR graphics and have the "with Google " branding. It is supposed to be launched by Christmas.

Sounds a like dang notebook...

Highland Droid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds a like dang notebook...

Sounds like a dream phone - which makes it too good to be true. As we have recently heard, BMX has backed off his claim that VZW will have another stock Andy phone. :(

The Death of “stock” or the beast keeps eating… | Rants, Opinions and the confessions of a Tech addict…

A stock Google experience device?.

yep.. no Motoblur, no Sense Ui, no Touch wiz? just as naked as the day Google made it.

But here is why Verizon customers will NEVER see a device like this?

At this point, I would consider switching to a different carrier for a stock Andy phone, except I have a family plan with my wife and her father and we get too sweet of a deal that would go away if I left. Argh.

Will be interesting to see who get's the next Android OS Flagship Phone.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
According to blackmanX, the stock phone he had been teasing about will now very likely get skinned after all,whatever it was. So that takes the droid3 out of the equation by default since we had only heard rumors of one stock device to start with. We heard the targa would be stock, So it prob wasn't going to be the d3 anyway.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
So Xperia play is actually stock! I've been begging for another stock on Verizon but i don't want the slide out to be a game controller. Will Verizon release anorher stock Xperia with maybe a kb or a touch screen?

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So Xperia play is actually stock! I've been begging for another stock on Verizon but i don't want the slide out to be a game controller. Will Verizon release anorher stock Xperia with maybe a kb or a touch screen?

I was surprised when I saw that the Xperia Play is stock, too. Every picture I had ever seen of it showed a custom UI. Still, the "PlayStation Phone" doesn't really appeal to me. I use my PC for gaming, I haven't been able to get into mobile gaming. So hopefully Verizon will carry the next Nexus phone. If they do I would buy it in a heartbeat and my Droid Incredible will go into instant retirement. If they don't then I will gladly leave Verizon and go wherever the next Nexus phone is.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I plan on leaving V for a Nexus. I'm out of contact now, so I could get a Nexus S, I would just have to sell it once the ICS Nexus ships. Running an Incredible right now. Can't bring myself to drop the cash just yet, though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey