HTC Shooter Evo 3D discuss

ndz#AC

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Few questions for the guys who think they know everything - you know who you are!

1. Dual 5mp cameras... Is this going to take a better 2D picture than the single 8mp on my Evo 4g?

2. I couldn't help but notice no mention of Evo 3D being a 4G phone. Is it safe to assume all Evo's would be 4g or could it not have 4G capability?

3. I didn't pay much attn to the other 3D screened phones at MWC, but were you able to turn off the 3D display mode?

I have yet to see the benefit of a 3D display and prefer not to stretch my optic nerve or cause eyestrain. I saw most of the new 3D displays and TV's at CES and was NOT impressed.

I think Sprint still wants to extract as much as they can out of their (Chuck Sheen Voice) WINNING Evo 4g so they may still be waiting to release an evolutionary upgrade for that phone.

Would you upgrade from an Evo 4g just for these improvements?
- Pixel Density
- Bigger default battery
- Newer Android version
- Faster processor
- More Ram

I might wait for the next one.... unless it has image stabilization in the camera or some other great new feature (besides 3D).

mrxniick

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Few questions for the guys who think they know everything - you know who you are!

1. Dual 5mp cameras... Is this going to take a better 2D picture than the single 8mp on my Evo 4g?

2. I couldn't help but notice no mention of Evo 3D being a 4G phone. Is it safe to assume all Evo's would be 4g or could it not have 4G capability?

3. I didn't pay much attn to the other 3D screened phones at MWC, but were you able to turn off the 3D display mode?

I have yet to see the benefit of a 3D display and prefer not to stretch my optic nerve or cause eyestrain. I saw most of the new 3D displays and TV's at CES and was NOT impressed.

I think Sprint still wants to extract as much as they can out of their (Chuck Sheen Voice) WINNING Evo 4g so they may still be waiting to release an evolutionary upgrade for that phone.

Would you upgrade from an Evo 4g just for these improvements?
- Pixel Density
- Bigger default battery
- Newer Android version
- Faster processor
- More Ram

I might wait for the next one.... unless it has image stabilization in the camera or some other great new feature (besides 3D).

... you do realize that is pretty much every component of the phone right? Pretty huge update.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The 3d part is only active when taking or looking at pictures and videos and for games or other applications that support 3d. There is no need to turn 3d mode on or off. The usual every day operations of the phone will be just like your current Evo.

I can't see the Evo 3d not being a 4G phone, all the other flagship devices are, why wouldn't this one especially with all the new 4g competition from the other carriers coming.

Sprint is doing exactly what they should do, and that's basically follow Apples cook book. When you have a winner out there, refresh it with some needed upgrades, and new features. People that loved the Evo 4G will love the Evo 3d even more. I was always disappointed by the Evos 3d graphics performance, well, that should be fixed now.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i was thinking of going to verizon and picking up the Bolt. This blows the bolt out of the water. Also sprint says my coverage will get better in May. Go Sprint!!

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
2. Maybe sprint has real plans for lte now and will stop releasing wimax devices to ease the transition...

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
1. Megapixels don't mean everything, it just depends on the sensor the camera uses and the lens (you don't want a dirty one do you?). A good example is my Epic has a better picture quality than my cousin's Evo.

2. 4G is directly involved with the Evo name so 4G is present

3. I'm pretty sure they made an option to turn off 3D in the settings menu...

The only thing I'm wondering about this phone is if this processor is on par with the Samsung exynos processor.

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
1. Megapixels don't mean everything, it just depends on the sensor the camera uses and the lens (you don't want a dirty one do you?). A good example is my Epic has a better picture quality than my cousin's Evo.

2. 4G is directly involved with the Evo name so 4G is present

3. I'm pretty sure they made an option to turn off 3D in the settings menu...

The only thing I'm wondering about this phone is if this processor is on par with the Samsung exynos processor.

at 1.2 ghz i am sure that it will be on par if not better.

I could honestly care less about the 3d part unless it really has some sick use I just want those other awesome specs. in one post I saw 1080p video capture does anybody know if that is right? and how many frames per second because the evo has terrible frames per second. 30 or nothing

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow so its my understanding that they are going to be dual channel. so all 6gb of RAM that means 4gb for storage and 2gb allocated for dual channel.
with the possibility to give it tri-channel if needed? this is impressive if i understand that right, no flash storage just ram.
So does this mean there is a memory lane for each 1gb ram chip? up to 6?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Man that was a good read. He gave some good info that put my mind at ease about performance.... And nice to hear that landscape mode is fully supported by Sense 2.0.

Can't wait to see it in action!

mlief

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Had held off dumping my Palm Pre minus with sprint for the EVO 4g (my wife has it and it's nice).

But with this beast coming, it's finally time to move over to the dark (green robot) side of things....

ndz#AC

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Had held off dumping my Palm Pre minus with sprint for the EVO 4g (my wife has it and it's nice).

But with this beast coming, it's finally time to move over to the dark (green robot) side of things....

I too was a (launch day) Palm Pre minus user. I finally had enough and picked up a new Evo off ebay a few weeks ago (didn't want to sign a 2-yr). Now I'm kicking myself for not switching earlier. WebOS had a ton of potential but Palm and HP were unable to capitalize.

RE: EVO 3D

After seeing it, the sad thing is I probably would have upgraded if it didn't have the 3-D gimmicks. Look around the web, the question I keep seeing is "how to turn off 3-D?".

Still wondering:
A. Dual 5mp cameras... So if I don't care about 3D, its a camera downgrade in megapixels?

B. That piece of glass or plastic covering the two lenses looks like both a fingerprint and scratch magnet. Once again there's no protection on that part.

C. 2D-3D switch? C'mon. A ringer switch (a la Palm) would be nice. Otherwise, whats the point!!???

mrarmour504

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a EVO and under a two year contract. What am I supposed to do now that a new EVO is coming out this summer? Means I'm stuck with old hardware while everyone else get something new! Sprint should do something about new customers purchasing EVO 4Gs when EVO 3D was announced! Give me $100 off a new one.

ndz#AC

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a EVO and under a two year contract. What am I supposed to do now that a new EVO is coming out this summer? Means I'm stuck with old hardware while everyone else get something new! Sprint should do something about new customers purchasing EVO 4Gs when EVO 3D was announced! Give me $100 off a new one.

:':)':)':)'( Nobody forced you to sign the dotted line.

....What am I supposed to do now...Means I'm stuck with old hardware while everyone else get something new!...

I'm so sorry for you. Thanks for the laugh.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Sell your HTC Evo 4G then. You should be able to get anywhere between $250 - $350 depending on the condition and throw in whatever accessories you have for it.

You guys have no idea how jealous I am of you. I wish the Thunderbolt had at least come close to this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36