Verizon falling behind in phone selection?

ZaWe

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
With the unveiling of the HTC EVO 3D, and LG 2X and Thrill, I can't help but think that Verizon has really fallen behind in phone selection. Verizon used to be the carrier to go for the latest and greatest, but I'm having trouble fathoming how they can release the Thunderbolt while Sprint announces the beast that is the Evo 3D. At one time the Bionic seemed like a no brainer, but I see some really cool phones coming out, I sort of feel left in the dust. Does any other Verizon customer feel this way?

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I understand where you are coming from, and i believe that they are just waiting for the dust to clear from all these announcements from day 1 then they will hit us all with something good.

ZaWe

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think they are putting more eggs in the iPhone basket. Unfortunately.

I think you're right. Ever since the iphone was released on verizon, they have become cockier than before. I hope they have some more phones in the pipeline to be released later on this summer.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I disagree as a sprint customer, verizon announced so many phone earlier this year. There is definitely a huge selection. Sprint has only announced 3 phones...counting the echo. Maybe they are falling behind with the technology, but definitely not selection.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using Tapatalk

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one that saw BMX (Panda) blog indicating that Sprint had officially acknowledged the Nexus S...and then ending it with, "Congrats to Sprint buy ours will be MUCH better"... (I'm sure "buy" is but).

This could be exciting for Verizon...depending on what they do to make it much better.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon only seems to only care about iphone and huge 4.3" phones. I have not seen any new 4" or smaller phones like Atrix "4G" or LG G2x. That is what I am waiting for, if they don't show me something soon. I might be going over to T-mobile. :(

ZaWe

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Google only seems to release their experience phones on tmobile, and I guess now sprint. I don't see verizon getting a google experience phone... hopefully in wrong.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Lets see... you just got thunderbolt and iphone. you will be getting incredible s, revolution, droid x 2, droid 3, xperia play and probably more that i can't remember lol.

heymista

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I disagree as a sprint customer, verizon announced so many phone earlier this year. There is definitely a huge selection. Sprint has only announced 3 phones...counting the echo. Maybe they are falling behind with the technology, but definitely not selection.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using Tapatalk

I agree regarding Sprint, but I really want them to update their international offerings. There is no international android phone on Sprint. I can choose from a BB Torch or HTC touch Pro 2 windows phone. Both came out in 2009. Sprint does not carry the Iphone and doesn't have a touch screen blackberry. The EVO and EPIC are both great phones, but I will have to switch back to my old BB Torch when I travel to Europe.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Lets see... you just got thunderbolt and iphone. you will be getting incredible s, revolution, droid x 2, droid 3, xperia play and probably more that i can't remember lol.

VZ is also getting LTE samsung and LG phones and the Bionic. I agree they have waay more handsets than Sprint. Where would Sprint be if not for HTC?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think the market is too saturated with devices.
Maybe apple and rim have that part right :)

Choice is good, but there are too many choices.

There should always be 3 levels: 1) Standard 2) Advanced 3) Developer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy