Verizon Consipracy CTIA?

BobR

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No big announcements from Verizon at CTIA, unless I missed some news, or something comes in the next few hours from the private sessions.

But I have a theory - no one seems to be accusing Verizon of no news. That means to me that they have private info under confidentiality agreements that will be released soon. Why else would Verizon get away with no news without causing a stir?

yellowsun

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It is getting rather ridiculous that none of the news is even mentioning Verizon. Even in the recaps they don't mention, "still waiting for Verizon," or "Verizon is not planning a press event this week." Just nothing...very strange and frustrating.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
No big announcements from Verizon at CTIA, unless I missed some news, or something comes in the next few hours from the private sessions.

But I have a theory - no one seems to be accusing Verizon of no news. That means to me that they have private info under confidentiality agreements that will be released soon. Why else would Verizon get away with no news without causing a stir?

Ha! Verizon most certainly was at CTIA. They just didn't announce any new phones. And seeing as how they announced FOUR (and a tablet) at CES, that's not too surprising. No conspiracy.

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
No conspiracy. I was there and they had a presence. CTIA was Sprints time to shine to be honest kinda overshadowed others. CES was big for Verizon. You can not expect major announcements at every event.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Didn't Verizon announce all sorts of new LTE markets? I guess that doesn't really count though. The only Verizon news I have heard lately revolves around locked bootloaders.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Do they ever announce anything at CTIA? Last year many were convinced that they'd announce the DINC, right up to and even after the EVO announcement, but they didn't. It's kind of like when studios release their major films, they don't want to do it around other blockbusters.

BobR

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Another thread referenced an article that said the Bionic was conspicuously absent from the Verizon Booth at CTIA, maybe for last minute tweaks.

They suggested it might be for a wireless charging cover, but the fact that it was not there doesn't seem to help indicate a release by mid-April.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
lol A few have said it before in prior post ... I just find it funny that during CES there were post pissed at Sprint for its lack of having a presence there and it was said that CTIA is where Sprint Shows there new toys ... Now that they have, this post is about Verizon not showing off things at CTIA when they did already at CES . lol Some people are never saticfied lol . Just IMO ..

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

I think Verizon is done for a while buddy, It was Sprints day. There is no Conspiracy.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
there was nothing to announce really at CTIA... no consipracy just lot of things cooking that we cant share. As for the LTE rollouts.. thats just going to be the norm when we dont have device news.. got to give Phil and the guys SOMETHING to write about..

Reactions: joeln

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE