Huawei Nexus 7 (2016)/Andromeda

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I just found some interesting articles this morning. Apparently Google is rumored to be testing out a new hybrid OS (Android and Chrome mixed), on Nexus 9s called Andromeda... Then I found some articles about a rumored Pixel 3 coming out in mid-2017 which is supposed to be an "ultra-thin" laptop with a 12.3" display running Andromeda. It would have an Intel M3 or i5 processor, 32 or 128 GB of storage and 8 or 16 GB of RAM depending on the configuration you opt for... Then I came across this rumor which is what most piqued my interest and is the main subject of this post: that the long rumored Huawei built 7" tablet will indeed be a Nexus, and that it will be the debut device to run Andromeda-

https://9to5google.com/2016/09/26/e...romeda-on-a-nexus-huawei-tablet-pixel-laptop/

As I'm sure you are all aware, the Huawei 7" Tablet has been leaked a few times already this year. Huawei trademarked the name "Huawei 7p" early this summer I believe it was, and then @EVLeaks reported that the Huawei made 7" tablet was planned for later this year. Then there where rumors on the specs of this device: 7" QHD Display, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, 13 MP camera, etc...

So, now 9to5Google is reporting that this tablet will be running Andromeda and will likely be Nexus branded according to their sources. Android Police has some interesting ideas about what might be taken from this news:

Google may launch Andromeda OS on rumored 7-inch Huawei 'Nexus' tablet

including that the Nexus tablet might be a "developer focused device" along with some other ideas.

But what do you all think about these rumors? Likely? Unlikely? Are you excited for Andromeda? The Pixel 3? The Huawei Nexus 7 2016? All of the above; or none... Would you like to see a consumer version of the Nexus tablet or a developer version? Any other thoughts on the matter?

Personally I'm rooting for a consumer version of the Nexus 7 for this year with all the rumored specs plus Andromeda! ;)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 3 I think exists, but specs could be anything. Huawei tablet IMO has 50% chance of exist and if it does exist, a 25% chance of being called a Nexus. I'd wager that there is somewhere between a .2% and .22% chance that it has a different OS than Android N on it. Curious what others think though.

sindhu1221

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I just found some interesting articles this morning. Apparently Google is rumored to be testing out a new hybrid OS (Android and Chrome mixed), on Nexus 9s called Andromeda... Then I found some articles about a rumored Pixel 3 coming out in mid-2017 which is supposed to be an "ultra-thin" laptop with a 12.3" display running Andromeda. It would have an Intel M3 or i5 processor, 32 or 128 GB of storage and 8 or 16 GB of RAM depending on the configuration you opt for... Then I came across this rumor which is what most piqued my interest and is the main subject of this post: that the long rumored Huawei built 7" tablet will indeed be a Nexus, and that it will be the debut device to run Andromeda-

https://9to5google.com/2016/09/26/e...romeda-on-a-nexus-huawei-tablet-pixel-laptop/

As I'm sure you are all aware, the Huawei 7" Tablet has been leaked a few times already this year. Huawei trademarked the name "Huawei 7p" early this summer I believe it was, and then @EVLeaks reported that the Huawei made 7" tablet was planned for later this year. Then there where rumors on the specs of this device: 7" QHD Display, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, 13 MP camera, etc...

So, now 9to5Google is reporting that this tablet will be running Andromeda and will likely be Nexus branded according to their sources. Android Police has some interesting ideas about what might be taken from this news:

Google may launch Andromeda OS on rumored 7-inch Huawei 'Nexus' tablet

including that the Nexus tablet might be a "developer focused device" along with some other ideas.

But what do you all think about these rumors? Likely? Unlikely? Are you excited for Andromeda? The Pixel 3? The Huawei Nexus 7 2016? All of the above; or none... Would you like to see a consumer version of the Nexus tablet or a developer version? Any other thoughts on the matter?

Personally I'm rooting for a consumer version of the Nexus 7 for this year with all the rumored specs plus Andromeda! ;)
Huawei is definitely coming up with a 7" Tablet for sure. There is a 85% chance that the specs you've mentioned are going to be correct. But about what OS it's gonna come up with especially the Hybrid one is merely speculation. But either way it's Google guys. It always comes out with something very nice. If the phone would be a Nexus then we don't have to worry. Nexus phones have always been great and have top notch specs at reasonable prices.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I so hope that we get a new 7" Nexus tablet with reasonable specs and a good to great screen for a decent price. I'd like to see something priced like the 2013 Nexus 7 32 gb that I got the wife. She never puts it down.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I so hope that we get a new 7" Nexus tablet with reasonable specs and a good to great screen for a decent price. I'd like to see something priced like the 2013 Nexus 7 32 gb that I got the wife. She never puts it down.

I would love to see them build a Nexus 7p phone as a follow up to the 6p.. and build it as a true flagship phone with all the best internal features available... I think Google should allow the Nexus line if they are going to kill off the name to be the very best phone ever produced one capable of 3-4 years of upgrades...and set the benchmark for all forthcoming phones..

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see them build a Nexus 7p phone as a follow up to the 6p.. and build it as a true flagship phone with all the best internal features available... I think Google should allow the Nexus line if they are going to kill off the name to be the very best phone ever produced one capable of 3-4 years of upgrades...and set the benchmark for all forthcoming phones..

This is the best post I've read in a very long time. Couldn't agree with you more.

Little Squirt

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I still use my N7 2013 every day and love it, although lately I sometimes have to tap the screen with my stylus a few times before it will respond. Not sure if it's because the tablet is 3 yrs. old or because I bought a new mesh-tipped stylus several weeks ago. Anyone else have that experience?

Not sure if I'd really need the Chrome/Android combo Andromeda OS, but do like the sounds of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, 7in display, and 4GB of RAM, etc. If it ends up being called a "Pixel 7" will it still receive updates as soon as they are available, like the regular Asus/Nexus tabs do?
Does anyone have an update about it's release date yet?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae