I know, it's too early and we just got our hands on our shiny Note 7. But there are speculations that Note 8 will have an S-Pen with a speaker built-in within the pen. A patent was discovered recently. When docked, the sound will come out on the flat tip of the pen and when removed, the sound will come within the pen itself. The idea was to free up space on the main unit by removing the speaker grill and speaker unit for better battery and other components.
    It's just a speculation, but if true, is the S-Pen going to have a power source or it's own battery? Bluetooth? How will it sound? But then it's Samsung. They always come-out with innovative stuff.
    09-29-2016 01:20 AM
    I know, it's too early and we just got our hands on our shiny Note 7. But there are speculations that Note 8 will have an S-Pen with a speaker built-in within the pen. A patent was discovered recently. When docked, the sound will come out on the flat tip of the pen and when removed, the sound will come within the pen itself. The idea was to free up space on the main unit by removing the speaker grill and speaker unit for better battery and other components.
    It's just a speculation, but if true, is the S-Pen going to have a power source or it's own battery? Bluetooth? How will it sound? But then it's Samsung. They always come-out with innovative stuff.
    Dun understand, you mean to produce the S-pen sound now, the Note 7 has a separate sound-producing unit inside instead of the same thing that produce our ringtone, speaker sound etc?
    09-29-2016 04:14 AM
    People are complaining about the sound now, can't imagine it sounding that great in a pen. Interesting though.
    09-29-2016 05:26 AM
    Since I got my safe note 7. With the green battery indicator. My speaker seems louder then the other 2 note 7's.
    09-29-2016 08:56 AM
    That sounds like the worst idea of the century.
    dlgus likes this.
    09-29-2016 10:42 AM
    This is an interesting point of speculation. I also agree with the OP that Samsung is always coming out with innovative technologies - if anyone can pull this off, it's them.
    10-01-2016 07:58 PM
    This has been done by Samsung and another company in the past. Was a huge flop for both. Right up there with HTC's 3D camera.

It doesn't need to be done again. Silly.
    10-02-2016 09:34 PM