LG sending 5300 units of something to Google?

muscal

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Why am i leaning towards the G2X?? I, unfortunately, don't think its gonna be a Nexus Tablet. Even if it is, its gonna be that sh#*#y g-slate.

Guamguy

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Devs are clamoring for a development device based on the Tegra2. You're not going to iron out processor issues with a Hummingbird device. If we are going to accept that the Android platform will be processor fragmented, accept it and release development devices with each contending processor platform.

If you look at it, which device comes with

1. Tegra2
2. Stock Android OS
3. Has both AT&T and T-Mobile bands

You end up with the G2X. Just unlock the damn thing.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Devs are clamoring for a development device based on the Tegra2. You're not going to iron out processor issues with a Hummingbird device. If we are going to accept that the Android platform will be processor fragmented, accept it and release development devices with each contending processor platform.

If you look at it, which device comes with

1. Tegra2
2. Stock Android OS
3. Has both AT&T and T-Mobile bands

You end up with the G2X. Just unlock the damn thing.
Good points but Goole wants to push the tab market further. So develop DC on tablets, prolly something similar to the slate, which was prolly a prototype used to when the goole bid.

muscal

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Nexus

Good points but Goole wants to push the tab market further. So develop DC on tablets, prolly something similar to the slate, which was prolly a prototype used to when the goole bid.

So you think it's gonna be a Nexus Tablet (Nexus T)?

teleclimber

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the G-Slate 3D? Seems weird that Goog would put the Nexus name on something 3D given they haven't been pushing the tech. It's the manufacturers who have been going all in with 3D.

They could of course create a non-3D version of the GSlate and call it the Nexus Tablet.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So you think it's gonna be a Nexus Tablet (Nexus T)?
Im only reading between the lines an guessing like the rest, but yeah something along those lines.

I believe the next nexus will come from either LG or Samsung, primarily because they are large manufactures, they make there on screens and they can afford to undercut the rest. Now seeing LG make a huge shipment to Google sounds fairly logical sense Google needs a Developer Tablet. Which would make a nice gift at Google IO. The shipment was close to what attenance is supposed to be.

muscal

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Im only reading between the lines an guessing like the rest, but yeah something along those lines.

I believe the next nexus will come from either LG or Samsung, primarily because they are large manufactures, they make there on screens and they can afford to undercut the rest. Now seeing LG make a huge shipment to Google sounds fairly logical sense Google needs a Developer Tablet. Which would make a nice gift at Google IO. The shipment was close to what attenance is supposed to be.

I think we can all agree the shipment was indeed for Google IO but what i don't understand is how LG built a Nexus Tablet when their g-slate/optimus pad hasn't even come out yet. Did they do a really good job at leak prevention or something? I feel like if it is the g-slate/pad that it would be underwhelming for conference attendees.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Like I said before I also think it will be the G-Slate.

There has been no mention of a release from T-mobile. It was suppose to be released next week but I think they will wait and time the release with Google IO.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I think we can all agree the shipment was indeed for Google IO but what i don't understand is how LG built a Nexus Tablet when their g-slate/optimus pad hasn't even come out yet. Did they do a really good job at leak prevention or something? I feel like if it is the g-slate/pad that it would be underwhelming for conference attendees.
I think that the slate was a well made prototype showed to google, but a true google device needs to be pure an free of any manufacture or carrier software. How can LG sell it to carriers with out giving them the option for adding bloatware? Will it kill the sales of the so called Nexus tablet yeah but, nexus isnt about sales per say but about pushing out devices to app devs, which inturn the big G will make the real revenue from adds (admob owned by google) hence the reason we see so many free apps supporting ads with out a paid counterpart.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I also think it is a giveaway for googleio, and I can't wait until I get there to see what it is. I think I heard a number of about 5000-5500 for the number of io tickets, so 5300 seems like a suspiciously close number. I guess we will see in about a month.

-frank

I think they would do a more even number above the amount of tickets sold (like 6,000 or so) just to make sure they have enough for everyone plus the people working of course!

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just read an article on it (just Google it if you want to find it), and it seems plausible. But I thought if Google was going to make a nexus tablet it would have semi-stronger specs than just the basic industry standard ones on all android tablets out. Something to WOW everyone. Hopefully they redesigned it and added something super secret by Toshiba if it is by them.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
...wow like Tegra 3!

I saw the Toshiba rumor as well. Somehow it is not as believable as an LG Nexus. If the LG devices aren't tablets, then what are they? I have to agree with the general sentiment that it will be awhile before there is a new Nexus phone shipping. Just a G2x? I don't see Google pushing a non Nexus device to devs. Though TMo, Sprint, or another carrier could provide something again. Look at all the support that original Droid and EVO had by giving them away to devs.