LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will the V30 be made of all glass??

... and thats the crux of the problem. The industry is driven not by better design and material, but by consumer trend. Rather than refine the types of plastics, resins, mold material designs... they simply follow the crowd, abandon things outright and the end result is fragile / incapable materials. Admittedly though they are pretty!!

LG should partner with Glock (like they did ESS) to design an LGV20 case back from their firearm "plastic".
Gotta do what sells... Not what a few people on a forum prefer ;).

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will the V30 be made of all glass??

HTC, the masters of all metal phones that started with the HTC One M7 back in 2013, has opted for all glass phones this year with their U series. So following the consumer trend seems to be the consensus.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Poll: LG V30 removable battery or not?

If LG is reading and following this forum right now (which they probably are), which answer are you going to choose?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Poll: LG V30 removable battery or not?

I would want the removable but they seem to be moving towards non removeable

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

If LG is reading and following this forum right now (which they probably are), which answer are you going to choose?

Even if they are reading we are not the majority and I doubt we have enough influence to make keep it removable or not.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I would want the removable but they seem to be moving towards non removeable

Though they went non removable on the G6, we actually don't know what they are moving towards with regard to the V series. I actually think it was a smart move to capture sales since the average consumer has more use for and likes the idea of water resistance which is the primary reason they went that route.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

If it matters, removable. I've had nothing but problems with sealed batteries.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

That's a great question. I remember a couple years ago when removable batteries were the 'in thing'. I used to have 2 batteries for my BlackBerry device. Was definitely handy when I was travelling and could quickly plug in a fully charged one and keep going. :)

So I would be happy with a removable battery and I think I would utilise it but having IP68 water resistance is also very nice. Not sure if we can have both :)

The smartphone market looks to be going Non-removable at the moment.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

It's going to be hard for LG to keep the removable battery....the benefits are slowly shrinking...especially with the new generation of efficient processors coming out. For instance, the Snapdragon 835 is set to consume 25% less power than the 820 according to Qualcomm. If you couple this with the QC 4.0 which they claim...with 5 minutes on a charger you get 5 hours of use, that's a pretty big deal.

Unless you plan on keeping your phone for more than the battery lifespan. A typical battery lifespan can support 300-500 charging cycles.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

That's a great question. I remember a couple years ago when removable batteries were the 'in thing'. I used to have 2 batteries for my BlackBerry device. Was definitely handy when I was travelling and could quickly plug in a fully charged one and keep going. :)

So I would be happy with a removable battery and I think I would utilise it but having IP68 water resistance is also very nice. Not sure if we can have both :)

Removable and waterproofing​ is definitely possible. Remember the Galaxy S5? Pretty simple to do. Only thing is you can't make it made of metal and also have wireless charging...

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I would rather have the military grade protection (US MIL-STD-810G certification) over IP68. It would be great to have both, but regardless whether you have a case or not...I think most people are prone to drops than accidental exposure to water.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I would rather have the military grade protection (US MIL-STD-810G certification) over IP68.

Good luck seeing that on the general consumer market. Being designed to be compliant (like the V20) isn't the same as being certified compliant. Unless a company is willing to put out the test certification (which I'm sure would command an even higher price) it's little more than marketing.

Infiniti14

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site

Looking at the G6 and seeing that as their mainstream model, I still think there is a chance that we will see a removable battery in the V30. I also think we will get to stick with a 16mp camera. They need something to differentiate these product lines.

meattray

Trusted Member
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I'm going to guess they'll go non removable due to the whole water resistance thing that everyone is doing nowadays.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

LoL when I want go swim with my V20 or go shower with it I buy one of the waterproof plastic bags for smartphones 2.99 € eBay.

Don't know if all those waterproof devices out there do well in salt water or chlorine pool water anyway..so ,mhhh, pretty useless.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

You shower with your phone?

No but many do , I guess. But what sense makes waterproof then? For cool sweet water underwater shots?

Let it drop into the toilet?

More chance winning the PowerBall than let my V20 drop into the toilet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

No but many do , I guess. But what sense makes waterproof then? For cool sweet water underwater shots?

Let it drop into the toilet?

More chance winning the PowerBall than let my V20 drop into the toilet.
More so for life moments.. talking on it and it starts raining and such.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21