05-25-2017 04:08 PM
132 12345 ...
tools
    I think you aren't being truthful. So later when all the manufacturer drops the trs does that mean you'll have no phone?

And eventually I see the use for USB-c as future transformation.
    Obviously if no other option exists... then by logical deduction I would have no other choice. That goes without saying doesn't it?

FWIW, I would not try and exist without a cell phone... even if that means using one without a TRS Jack.
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 06:17 PM
    Obviously if no other option exists... then by logical deduction I would have no other choice. That goes without saying doesn't it?
    Ofc
    03-20-2017 06:19 PM
    Nothing we just got off topic.lol
    I'll send RaRa a message to continue our conversation . Sorry we got off topic.
    03-20-2017 08:31 PM
    I'll send RaRa a message to continue our conversation . Sorry we got off topic.
    Its OK.... It happens.....lol
    03-20-2017 08:34 PM
    I loved the DAC when I first got my V20 but recently I got Bluetooth ear buds which has been amazing especially when I'm using them at the gym.

Quality isn't as good but I use the music more as baxkground noise anyways.
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 08:43 PM
    I loved the DAC when I first got my V20 but recently I got Bluetooth ear buds which has been amazing especially when I'm using them at the gym.

Quality isn't as good but I use the music more as baxkground noise anyways.
    Omg I hate baxkground noise
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 09:02 PM
    Omg I hate baxkground noise
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 09:09 PM
    03-20-2017 09:18 PM
    I highly doubt the V30 won't have a jack.

The V-line has always prided itself on superb headphone audio, and the standard for USB-C audio is still very young and probably needs a bit more polish before it can truly prove to be a proper replacement.

Until then, many Android OEMs have chosen to stick with the jack.

If you look at HTC's U Ultra, the problem with that isn't necessarily the lack of the jack. It's how it's removed but the device does not offer any sort of compensation for its loss. Adding insult to injury is that the $750++ phone did not come with an adapter and its included earbuds don't work with non-HTC devices. That's why OEMs are sticking with the jack.
    comk4ver and RaRa85 like this.
    03-20-2017 09:26 PM
    I doubt it either but you never know with this madness to make phones thinner. Maybe the next V series but down the road anything is possible.
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-20-2017 11:38 PM
    I doubt it either but you never know with this madness to make phones thinner. Maybe the next V series but down the road anything is possible.
    They probably won't.

Most Android OEMs chose to stick with using the jack. Some found it the hard way but it's pretty clear that we are not ready for a jackless experience.

Sure, you can say the HTC USonic USB-C buds are kinda smart, but isn't the V20's headphone jack a sea of smarts as well? I mean it adjusts the device's sound profile and amp power depending on what headphone you plug it into.
    comk4ver likes this.
    03-21-2017 02:03 AM
    I say keep the headphone jack. Nothing wrong with having options.
    03-21-2017 10:26 AM
    I hate wired headsets so I couldn't care less. I've been using BT for years and will not go back.
    03-21-2017 11:19 AM
    I hate wired headsets so I couldn't care less. I've been using BT for years and will not go back.
    If you're a Bluetooth only person then you have a lot more options than the V30 unless it offers something else unique other than a HIFI DAC which we assume it will include.
    03-21-2017 11:40 AM
    If you're a Bluetooth only person then you have a lot more options than the V30 unless it offers something else unique other than a HIFI DAC which we assume it will include.
    Not really. I didn't buy the V20 for the DAC. Big screen, removable battery, an upgrade over my old phone, and an updated LG UI that I'm used to and that I legitimately like. I prefer LG UX over stock and any other phone means I have to monitor my battery all day and constantly charge it.

Moto Z was a close call because its battery is easily expandable, but I went with LG again for the umpteenth time because I wanted a bigger screen, I'm okay with removable batteries, and the LG UX isn't half as bad as people make it out to be.
    03-21-2017 11:45 AM
    Don't forget that many people will buy the V30 for the DAC which is bypassed with Bluetooth.
    Yeah, that's what I don't get.

Personally, I'm mostly happy with bluetooth and it's mostly what I use, but I do like the wired option. I can't carry around the big Bose all the time.
    03-21-2017 04:09 PM
    Yeah, that's what I don't get.

Personally, I'm mostly happy with bluetooth and it's mostly what I use, but I do like the wired option. I can't carry around the big Bose all the time.
    Viper4android and Bluetooth is a decent combo
    03-21-2017 04:10 PM
    Not really. I didn't buy the V20 for the DAC. Big screen, removable battery, an upgrade over my old phone, and an updated LG UI that I'm used to and that I legitimately like. I prefer LG UX over stock and any other phone means I have to monitor my battery all day and constantly charge it.

Moto Z was a close call because its battery is easily expandable, but I went with LG again for the umpteenth time because I wanted a bigger screen, I'm okay with removable batteries, and the LG UX isn't half as bad as people make it out to be.
    I agree that the LG UX is not that bad.
    I never consider a phone for the UX because you can always add Nova or whatever launcher you like.
    03-21-2017 06:36 PM
    I agree that the LG UX is not that bad.
    I never consider a phone for the UX because you can always add Nova or whatever launcher you like.
    A launcher is just an app. Changing the launcher doesn't help when someone legitimately has an issue with the UX. Pull down the notification shade on an LG phone running Marshmallow and then look at the V20 notification shade. Changing the launcher isn't going to fix that.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-21-2017 06:42 PM
    A launcher is just an app. Changing the launcher doesn't help when someone legitimately has an issue with the UX. Pull down the notification shade on an LG phone running Marshmallow and then look at the V20 notification shade. Changing the launcher isn't going to fix that.
    But now we have launcher that can fully be replaced for LG launcher with all its functionality, plus lag free
    03-21-2017 07:26 PM
    Wouldn't make sense. They've spent money on research and developing the quad DAC technology on the V20, would be a waste of investment to remove it all together. Possibly in the near future, headphones will be obsolete (everything will be wireless), but not anytime soon.
    monsieurms likes this.
    03-21-2017 07:50 PM
    Wouldn't make sense. They've spent money on research and developing the quad DAC technology on the V20, would be a waste of investment to remove it all together. Possibly in the near future, headphones will be obsolete (everything will be wireless), but not anytime soon.
    Same thing with module phone concepts..... But I believe they can go hardware dac through USB-c.
    03-21-2017 07:55 PM
    I've never heard of anyone complaining about the notification shade on any phone. I don't find them that different in function. The V20 doesn't run Marshmallow so why would I compare it.
    03-21-2017 08:03 PM
    Same thing with module phone concepts..... But I believe they can go hardware dac through USB-c.
    That's what I'm thinking
    03-21-2017 08:08 PM
    I've never heard of anyone complaining about the notification shade on any phone. I don't find them that different in function. The V20 doesn't run Marshmallow so why would I compare it.
    You're completely missing the point.

Most people complain about the "skins" on phones. These same people typically already use third party launchers. So when these people are complaining about a skin, they're not complaining about something they always have the power to change. They're complaining about the other cosmetic tweaks that they can't change.

I used LG phones on Marshmallow as as an example so you could see that. The V20 not being on Marshmallow is besides the point. The point is a launcher is not the skin. When someone has a problem with a skin, changing a launcher isn't going to solve that problem because the skin persists.
    03-21-2017 08:11 PM
132 12345 ...