LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses its Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

I hate wired headsets so I couldn't care less. I've been using BT for years and will not go back.
If you're a Bluetooth only person then you have a lot more options than the V30 unless it offers something else unique other than a HIFI DAC which we assume it will include.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

If you're a Bluetooth only person then you have a lot more options than the V30 unless it offers something else unique other than a HIFI DAC which we assume it will include.
Not really. I didn't buy the V20 for the DAC. Big screen, removable battery, an upgrade over my old phone, and an updated LG UI that I'm used to and that I legitimately like. I prefer LG UX over stock and any other phone means I have to monitor my battery all day and constantly charge it.

Moto Z was a close call because its battery is easily expandable, but I went with LG again for the umpteenth time because I wanted a bigger screen, I'm okay with removable batteries, and the LG UX isn't half as bad as people make it out to be.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses it Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

Don't forget that many people will buy the V30 for the DAC which is bypassed with Bluetooth.

Yeah, that's what I don't get.

Personally, I'm mostly happy with bluetooth and it's mostly what I use, but I do like the wired option. I can't carry around the big Bose all the time.

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses it Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

Yeah, that's what I don't get.

Personally, I'm mostly happy with bluetooth and it's mostly what I use, but I do like the wired option. I can't carry around the big Bose all the time.
Viper4android and Bluetooth is a decent combo

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Not really. I didn't buy the V20 for the DAC. Big screen, removable battery, an upgrade over my old phone, and an updated LG UI that I'm used to and that I legitimately like. I prefer LG UX over stock and any other phone means I have to monitor my battery all day and constantly charge it.

Moto Z was a close call because its battery is easily expandable, but I went with LG again for the umpteenth time because I wanted a bigger screen, I'm okay with removable batteries, and the LG UX isn't half as bad as people make it out to be.
I agree that the LG UX is not that bad.
I never consider a phone for the UX because you can always add Nova or whatever launcher you like.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I agree that the LG UX is not that bad.
I never consider a phone for the UX because you can always add Nova or whatever launcher you like.

A launcher is just an app. Changing the launcher doesn't help when someone legitimately has an issue with the UX. Pull down the notification shade on an LG phone running Marshmallow and then look at the V20 notification shade. Changing the launcher isn't going to fix that.

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

A launcher is just an app. Changing the launcher doesn't help when someone legitimately has an issue with the UX. Pull down the notification shade on an LG phone running Marshmallow and then look at the V20 notification shade. Changing the launcher isn't going to fix that.
But now we have launcher that can fully be replaced for LG launcher with all its functionality, plus lag free

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Wouldn't make sense. They've spent money on research and developing the quad DAC technology on the V20, would be a waste of investment to remove it all together. Possibly in the near future, headphones will be obsolete (everything will be wireless), but not anytime soon.

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

Wouldn't make sense. They've spent money on research and developing the quad DAC technology on the V20, would be a waste of investment to remove it all together. Possibly in the near future, headphones will be obsolete (everything will be wireless), but not anytime soon.
Same thing with module phone concepts..... But I believe they can go hardware dac through USB-c.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Poll: LG V30 removable battery or not?

Removable batteries help extend the life of a device (phone). Not what the manufacturer may like but as the cost of the device keeps going up, we may be keeping them longer (?, maybe?).
Some waterproofing like the S5 and removable battery for me, please.

Lateck,

You make a good point. If at one point, devices become "good enough", no one will need to upgrade for many years, and people don't have to buy a phone for a long time therefore the manufacturer lose out on money. I still see a lot of people with Note 4's because it's still a good device and replacing the battery is easy once it gets worn out.

I just have one theory from my experience working at Best Buy and Samsung. I feel like manufacturers push out updates making older devices extremely slow and unusable. I see this happen all the time when I update phones, phones becoming super slow, but customers are happy because they get a new "update".

Who knows what's their business model. I just hope that LG sees that people care about removable batteries as well as water-resistance, but more leaning towards removable batteries.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I've never heard of anyone complaining about the notification shade on any phone. I don't find them that different in function. The V20 doesn't run Marshmallow so why would I compare it.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will the V30 be made of all glass??

There is a possible chance it might. People like shiny phones. It will help them sell unfortunately bad news for true fans of the LG V20.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I've never heard of anyone complaining about the notification shade on any phone. I don't find them that different in function. The V20 doesn't run Marshmallow so why would I compare it.
You're completely missing the point.

Most people complain about the "skins" on phones. These same people typically already use third party launchers. So when these people are complaining about a skin, they're not complaining about something they always have the power to change. They're complaining about the other cosmetic tweaks that they can't change.

I used LG phones on Marshmallow as as an example so you could see that. The V20 not being on Marshmallow is besides the point. The point is a launcher is not the skin. When someone has a problem with a skin, changing a launcher isn't going to solve that problem because the skin persists.

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

Most people complain about the "skins" on phones. These same people typically already use third party launchers. So when these people are complaining about a skin, they're not complaining about something they always have the power to change. They're complaining about the other cosmetic tweaks that they can't change.

I used LG phones on Marshmallow as as an example so you could see that. The V20 not being on Marshmallow is besides the point. The point is a launcher is not the skin. When someone has a problem with a skin, changing a launcher isn't going to solve that problem because the skin persists.
Uhmmm, right. You can't change skin with just launcher but nowadays the notification tray and status bar and whatnot are becoming more aosp like. Also, you might modify the system and other skin by using xposed on marshmallow...

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

Actually guys, take a look at this. Looks like with new version of Android they are already in the process of implementing a new solution which would be LDAC enhancing better quality audio through Bluetooth.

Source; [Here are the six features in Android O that you’ll actually care about – BGR] is good,have a look at it! http://bgr.com/2017/03/21/android-o-features-comparison-list/

2nd paragraph.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Uhmmm, right. You can't change skin with just launcher but nowadays the notification tray and status bar and whatnot are becoming more aosp like. Also, you might modify the system and other skin by using xposed on marshmallow...
Totally! And the UI on the V20 looks pretty close to stock. It doesn't make sense that LG still gets the same amount of hate now as they used to for their skin because it's nearly identical to stock. The only thing that's really different is the phone app at this point. Other phones, though, I can't speak for.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm not missing the point at all. Most of what people complain about in a UX is satisfied by replacing the launcher, which by the way doesn't have much to do with the thread topic except that your initial point was that you didn't buy the V20 for the DAC so we get it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Poll: LG V30 removable battery or not?

I just have one theory from my experience working at Best Buy and Samsung. I feel like manufacturers push out updates making older devices extremely slow and unusable. I see this happen all the time when I update phones, phones becoming super slow, but customers are happy because they get a new "update".

I don't think it's quite like that. I think it's more that all the additional features and functions added in with an update just naturally bogs down the system over time because it's too much to handle.

I mean, you wouldn't expect a Commodore 64 to run a modern PC game, would you? It's not that anything malicious is in modern software to keep the C64 from running it. It's just way too much information for such an old system to process.

But I do think they cram so much programming in today with no ability to upgrade the hardware, that there isn't much headroom for additional processing without running into slowdowns. So planned obsolescence may still be a thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar