Second Generation Motorola Moto Z and Moto Z Force (Moto Z2, Moto Z 2017)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Second Generation Motorola Moto Z (Moto Z2, Moto Z 2017)

Looks interesting, but so far the Z2 Play (or whatever the Play's ensuing iteration is called) is holding my attention from the Motorola line.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Looks like the Z2 Play will have a smaller battery. If so, there goes my interest in this device. Camera to be improved, though it will have less resolution. More on board memory too.

No one has ever accused the Moto Z lineup of being too bulky; in fact, Motorola’s first generation of modular phones are some of the slimmest handsets available. But that isn’t stopping the Lenovo subsidiary from shaving precious thickness off of the Android 7.1.1 Nougat-powered Moto Z2 Play.

That reduction in depth, however, will come at a somewhat steep price, according to marketing material reviewed by VentureBeat: a model whose predecessor is renowned for its capacious 3510mAh battery is going to offer a much more conservative 3000mAh pack. That has the effect of reducing maximum listed usage time from 50 hours down to 30 hours.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/05/moto-z2-play-slims-down-at-the-expense-of-battery-life/

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Looks like the Z2 Play will have a smaller battery. If so, there goes my interest in this device. Camera to be improved, though it will have less resolution. More on board memory too.

No one has ever accused the Moto Z lineup of being too bulky; in fact, Motorola’s first generation of modular phones are some of the slimmest handsets available. But that isn’t stopping the Lenovo subsidiary from shaving precious thickness off of the Android 7.1.1 Nougat-powered Moto Z2 Play.

That reduction in depth, however, will come at a somewhat steep price, according to marketing material reviewed by VentureBeat: a model whose predecessor is renowned for its capacious 3510mAh battery is going to offer a much more conservative 3000mAh pack. That has the effect of reducing maximum listed usage time from 50 hours down to 30 hours.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/05/moto-z2-play-slims-down-at-the-expense-of-battery-life/

Hmm, will keep an eye on this situation. Thanks for the update!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

There goes my interest in the Z Play 2. I'll hang on to my original Z Play longer than anticipated.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/863580163153461249

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

The new Moto X looks very interesting, especially if the 3800 mAh battery rumor is true.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like there will be a regular Moto Z2 (besides the Play and Force).

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/864487036857798661

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Lenovo Moto Z2 breaks cover: check it out here

vbb4JQ0.jpg

We’ve already seen supposed pictures of the Moto Z2 Play and Moto Z2 Force, but now it’s time for another member of the family. Android Authority has obtained the image above, believed to depict the Moto Z2, from a reliable source familiar with Lenovo’s plans.

This device was hinted at back in early April by leaker Evan Blass, but clear images of the unit have been hard to come by — while others have been ostensibly debunked.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Exclusive: Here’s a new look at the Motorola Moto Z2 Force

0CSi8AF.jpg

The design of the Moto Z2 Force in this render shows that it looks much like the previously leaked image of the Moto Z2 Play. The front of the phone is a bit different on the Moto Z2 Force, but the biggest difference is on the back, showing what looks like a dual camera set-up, versus just a single sensor on the back of the Moto Z2 Play. The design fits in with previous render leaks of the Moto Z2 Force that we have posted.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Not enough of a change, in my opinion. Moto needed to reduce the screen bezels and increase the overall screen real estate (e.g. Galaxy S8). I'll be sticking with my original Z Force until the Note 8 is released. 🙄

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not enough of a change, in my opinion. Moto needed to reduce the screen bezels and increase the overall screen real estate (e.g. Galaxy S8). I'll be sticking with my original Z Force until the Note 8 is released. 🙄

With Moto Mods, they're not putting the FPS on the wrong side.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto Z2 lineup: all the rumors in one place (Update: more Moto Z2 and Z2 Play pics leak)

Lenovo is expected to announce the next Moto Z generation soon. We have come across a bunch of rumors regarding the Moto Z2, Z2 Force, and Z2 Play, which we have rounded up in this post. So if you want to know when the devices will be announced, what will they offer specs-wise, what will they look like, and how much you’ll have to fork out to get your hands on them, keep reading. You’ll find all these information and more down below.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm extremely disappointed. I've been waiting for the Force Z2 to come out and possibly upgrade my 2 1/2 year old Droid Turbo. But the rumor is that the battery will be only 2,730 mAh in size, down from 3,500 mAh in size in the Force Z. It's an obvious ploy to sell battery pack mods.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/07/20/...battery-capacity-u-s-version-has-worst-specs/
I can understand your disappointment. I was upset to hear the same until you really start thinking about the end results. Allow me to explain...

Last August, I needed a replacement for my Note 7 {brief moment of silence} ️ and headed over to Best Buy. That's when I first held the Moto Z and the Z Force. The salesperson took a power pack out of the box and let me feel both phones in my hand. I immediately thought "I wish I can have the slim Moto Z form factor with the same RAM, camera and processor as the Z Force". All because the battery pack allows you to have the best of both worlds!

It seems that the Z Force 2 is the answer to last year's prayers. My only gripe is that the bezels are still rather wide on the latest version and I was hoping for something slimmer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1