A lot of V20 owners get upset that they can't crank up the DAC to its full potential. Should all the chips be fully enabled along with the gain in the V30?

LG claims they are matching the output to the listening device but are they doing us a favor?

If I utilized an external DAC and Amp I would have full control over the output so why do we really need to be restricted? Besides the output there is the issue that LG turns off 3 out of 4 chips in low impedance mode and in turn lose some noise reduction. Perhaps we don't need it as much at lower volumes and its a way of increasing battery life.
    04-17-2017 09:12 PM
    A lot of V20 owners get upset that they can't crank up the DAC to its full potential. Should all the chips be fully enabled along with the gain in the V30?

LG claims they are matching the output to the listening device but are they doing us a favor?

If I utilized an external DAC and Amp I would have full control over the output so why do we really need to be restricted? Besides the output there is the issue that LG turns off 3 out of 4 chips in low impedance mode and in turn lose some noise reduction. Perhaps we don't need it as much at lower volumes and its a way of increasing battery life.
    Yeah this is a smartphone kinda meant for IEMs, but good enough for HD800s. If your really into hifi sound your gonna habe more than one DAC and headphones anyway.
    04-17-2017 11:23 PM
    Yeah this is a smartphone kinda meant for IEMs, but good enough for HD800s. If your really into hifi sound your gonna habe more than one DAC and headphones anyway.
    More than one set of headphones I can relate too. I will never carry around a separate DAC or Amp.
    04-19-2017 08:27 PM
    More than one set of headphones I can relate too. I will never carry around a separate DAC or Amp.
    These people do---> http://www.head-fi.org/f/105/portable-headphone-amps
    04-19-2017 08:58 PM
    Good for them... I prefer everything in one neat package.
    05-17-2017 09:47 AM