LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

milehigher

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses its Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

Possibly... Only because I finally found the wireless earbuds of my dreams. On the other hand, I tote around a nice pair of wired buds if my wireless ones die, and my portable battery is dead. I NEED my music!
If you don't mind full size get the Bose qlink 35 great sound, rechargable , but if the battery dies you can plug them in and use them like a regular headphone , I have the qlink 25 that I bought last year love them. The battery lasts me a good three days continuously.

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
i was an iPhone user until i got my first LG the G2 them G3.. G4 now the G5, the G6 have nothing to die for (for me), from G5 to the next V30 worth the switch ??

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
LG V30 almost guaranteed OLED

Just saw that Google Daydream will be supported by LG's "next flagship phone", which is almost guaranteed to be the V30, but you never know. Since daydream only supports OLED at the moment, I'm quite sure it will be an OLER screen of some kind (most likely AMOLED, but I'm not the best with screen information.)

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG V30 almost guaranteed OLED

I hope so. Having LCD for the v10 and v20 and returning to oled with the S8 is like night and day.

Love me some oled

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
If it is the V30 with OLED, I'm sure it's going to look really good. That's the device I'm waiting to upgrade to, from my V20.

Although... I like the V20's screen a lot and it's nice that I don't have to worry about screen burn it. With the OLED, the potential for burn in will be present... Hoping LG can really minimize this.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Well boo. I prefer my phones without burn in, thank you very much. Not to mention I also just like the cooler color of LCD's.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Ditto.... But it's the way of the future. What I'm afraid is we are going to lose a few more things we like.
That too. Chances are, I'll be keeping my V20 for quite a while as manufacturers seem to be taking away more and more features I want and use.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Sheesh. I'm a sucker for OLEDs. If I can get OLED and not have to switch to Samsung...

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Fine with me if it happens. Can't wait to see what the V30 brings. I'm going to hold out until it drops. Hopefully. Lol

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I never thought I'd say this but I've been converted to OLED.

I can never get too obsessed with the deep blacks and potential power saving gains.

Considering Google's Daydream push along with dark themes now bring a thing on LG phones, it kinda makes complete sense to make the move, especially since LG has garnered quite a bit of experience with making OLED panels for their TVs.

As for the color temperature, I hope it's tweakable like the Galaxy S8.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm pumped LG is finally going oled but I'm thinking we're gonna lose the removable battery on the v30. If that's the case, I'll be taking a look at the pixel 2, note 8 and moto z2 force. I might even do the unthinkable and just hold onto the v20 for two years since it's still performing like a champ.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm pumped LG is finally going oled but I'm thinking we're gonna lose the removable battery on the v30. If that's the case, I'll be taking a look at the pixel 2, note 8 and moto z2 force. I might even do the unthinkable and just hold onto the v20 for two years since it's still performing like a champ.

I agree that we will lose the removable battery. I don't really mind that. I'm also pretty sure that they will drop the IR blaster too and that does concern me. I really like having that feature.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I agree that we will lose the removable battery. I don't really mind that. I'm also pretty sure that they will drop the IR blaster too and that does concern me. I really like having that feature.

I really hope they keep the removable battery, the V20 has me so spoiled with being able to go from 10% or 15 % to 100% in less than 2 minutes.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Google also sunk a fortune into LG's display tech - would make sense for LG to use it for their own devices, in addition to potentially supplying displays to other OEMs.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Have you guys/gals seen LG's OLED TV's?!? They are unbelievably AMAZING!! When I got my Samsung JS8500 65", the only other TV that blew it away was the LG OLED but they wanted 8K for it. Way too expensive for me but I see one in my near future when their prices drop. Def glad they may finally be using this display tech on their mobile devices!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Have you guys/gals seen LG's OLED TV's?!? They are unbelievably AMAZING!! When I got my Samsung JS8500 65", the only other TV that blew it away was the LG OLED but they wanted 8K for it. Way too expensive for me but I see one in my near future when their prices drop. Def glad they may finally be using this display tech on their mobile devices!
LG's OLED TVs are a sight to behold.

The picture quality with that infinite contrast and HDR compatibility is just stunning. It's one of those TVs that you really have to see in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool