S8 Active leaked images

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks pretty good so far (thanks to the FLAT screen). Not happy that they are ditching physical keys but I guess it's better because the software is already finished for the regular S8 to have on screen buttons. Not going to be pretty but at least not fragile like glass back S8s. Everyone puts a case on their phone anyway so it doesn't matter. What do you think? Definitely more practical than the regular S8. I'm assuming battery capacity will be 4000 or 4500 mAh (typically 30 bigger).

NEW PHOTOS:

s8-active-4.jpg

s8-active-5.jpg

s8-specs.jpg

galaxy-s8-active-leaked-01.png

galaxy-s8-active-leak-featured-470x310@2x.jpg

galaxy-s8-active-leaked-03.png

VIDEO:

https://youtu.be/e5DqTgNyom0

Last edited:

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
If it looks like that, I would be a happy customer. 😃 I think people who are purchasing the active version are not looking for something super flashy and rather something that has a lot of protection and long battery life. Still looks like the bezels are quite small.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Finally A FLAT SCREEN OPTION for those who WANT A FLAT SCREEN! Screen protector install will be a breeze, and phone will be more durable.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Finally A FLAT SCREEN OPTION for those who WANT A FLAT SCREEN! Screen protector install will be a breeze, and phone will be more durable.

That is one of the downsides to having a curved display. While nice, it does pose problems for screen protectors and obviously the edges are more fragile when dropped. Flat screens are nice but ever since I moved to a curved display, can't imagine going back 😃

That being said, I do think having a flat screen option is important. Having choice is always good.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
what protection could it have, IP 68 like the xperia Z5 ?

It will definitely have the standard IP68 water and dust resistance, but I'm also expecting some sort of screen 'shatter' resistance. 😃 Nothing military grade but just an improvement. It's designed to be rugged so excited to see what Samsung brings to the table.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's supposed to be MIL-STD-810G and IP68 certified.

Last year, the S7 Active was rated MOST DURABLE smartphone of 2016. There was a YouTube drop test and the guy dropped it over 50 times until he got tired. YouTube it. I'm certain the S8 Active will look pretty similar to last year's design with the rubberized plastic back and an extra layer of polycarbonate on the glass.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Last year, the S7 Active was rated MOST DURABLE smartphone of 2016. There was a YouTube drop test and the guy dropped it over 50 times until he got tired. YouTube it. I'm certain the S8 Active will look pretty similar to last year's design with the rubberized plastic back and an extra layer of polycarbonate on the glass.
The plastic layer on the screen really sucks.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463