Kind of like the Blackberry Priv, but instead of a slide out keyboard, it would have a slide out display. What do all you V20 owners think about this concept? Would this make you want to upgrade to the V30? I think this is an interesting idea, and look forward to finding out if the V30 actually includes this feature. It would definitely make it a unique phone in a sea of similar iPhones and Galaxies.

Early LG V30 design shown off in leaked images
    05-28-2017 09:34 AM
    I love it. It's a much better, reimagined LG Chocolate phone with better desing in 2017. I hope its true. Depending on what they keep from the V20 and the battery capacity I will most likely upgrade even though I really like my V20.
    05-28-2017 09:37 AM
    Oh god, that's terrible. I hope they don't do that. I don't like that one bit.
    recDNA and TechNut79 like this.
    05-28-2017 10:01 AM
    stupidest idea ever. So they want to take all of the great quick access soft keys, notifications and options and bury it in a hidden screen? That you have to press some release button to access? It will never happen.
    recDNA and TechNut79 like this.
    05-28-2017 11:07 AM
    Uhh.... No.

Definitely won't buy if it looks like that.
    TechNut79 and recDNA like this.
    05-28-2017 11:48 AM
    Looks like an LG G5 concept. Terrible idea, reminded me of those bar phones that slide open. There was a patent application showing what the V30 might look like and it looks way better than this.
    05-28-2017 12:12 PM
    Mod note: moved from V20 forum to Upcoming/Rumored Devices forum.
    Almeuit likes this.
    05-28-2017 12:58 PM
    This has a target release date of September. Whatever LG has up its sleeve, the near-release of the iPhone 8 will make the market extremely competitive.

I've owned Android since it hit the shelves and I've never deviated to Blackberry, Windows, or iOS. The most recent review from Techno Buffalo (it won't paste the link) gives it a full write-up and makes no mention of the secondary screen. Hopefully that's erring on the side of making that feature disappear.

This fall we'll have some pretty good choices to choose from. Sorry guys, but if the iPhone 8 is endowed with a large enough battery capable of > 3,500 mAh or more, that might be my next daily driver. I have two Android phones now, so I'd still keep one Android device. As time gets closer, and reviews become more accurate, my decision will be more conclusive. Until then, may the best company win.
    05-28-2017 05:11 PM
    All I can think of slide out screen something else to break or get stuck thats not software. Lol
    05-28-2017 05:55 PM
    I'm reserving my opinion till I see the real deal. With how awesome the G6 is I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
    05-28-2017 10:07 PM
    Great, another phone that won't receive timely updates because of some half baked idea.

Not a fan of that idea at all. The V series is already a big phone, why would you make it uncomfortably large???
    05-28-2017 10:25 PM
    Great, another phone that won't receive timely updates because of some half baked idea.

Not a fan of that idea at all. The V series is already a big phone, why would you make it uncomfortably large???
    If you're not buying Google, "timely" updates shouldn't be high on your criteria.
    jlost likes this.
    05-28-2017 11:44 PM
    I know LG is fighting an uphill battle against apple and Samsung and Google so they have to think outside the box.
    But these gimmicky phones that they abandon after a failed launch totally erodes confidence in the brand.
    How's that modular G5 system going?

I love my V10. I haven't had the boot loop issues that many complain about (knock on wood).

I am a heavy user with well over 8 hours of screen on time per day so I have to have removable battery.
    I have 3 batteries and two chargers.
    One battery and charger by bedside, one set in the car and one in the phone.

Until a phone comes along with quick change batteries that is superior to V10 I won't change.

LG should just make a very good Flagship phone that is top of the line in specs and build on it like Google has done with Pixel.
    Stop switching gimmicks every year and abandoning those that invested in previous phone.
    Mr Mendelli and kbz1960 like this.
    05-29-2017 12:10 PM

I don't think this hardware design will have an impact on updates
    05-30-2017 09:11 AM
    I know LG is fighting an uphill battle against apple and Samsung and Google so they have to think outside the box.
    But these gimmicky phones that they abandon after a failed launch totally erodes confidence in the brand.
    How's that modular G5 system going?

I love my V10. I haven't had the boot loop issues that many complain about (knock on wood).

I am a heavy user with well over 8 hours of screen on time per day so I have to have removable battery.
    I have 3 batteries and two chargers.
    One battery and charger by bedside, one set in the car and one in the phone.

Until a phone comes along with quick change batteries that is superior to V10 I won't change.

LG should just make a very good Flagship phone that is top of the line in specs and build on it like Google has done with Pixel.
    Stop switching gimmicks every year and abandoning those that invested in previous phone.
    Gimmicks sometimes turn into selling features that people like so it's not all bad.

LG was one of the 1st with dual rear cameras and now everyone is getting into the act.
    05-30-2017 09:16 AM
    Kind of like the Blackberry Priv, but instead of a slide out keyboard, it would have a slide out display. What do all you V20 owners think about this concept? Would this make you want to upgrade to the V30? I think this is an interesting idea, and look forward to finding out if the V30 actually includes this feature. It would definitely make it a unique phone in a sea of similar iPhones and Galaxies.

Early LG V30 design shown off in leaked images
    I doubt this will happen as it adds some bulk to the design.
    05-30-2017 09:17 AM
    Not keen on that design.

My bet is still on a hybrid V20 + G6 design.
    05-30-2017 09:39 AM
    Gimmicks sometimes turn into selling features that people like so it's not all bad.

LG was one of the 1st with dual rear cameras and now everyone is getting into the act.
    Most gimmicks are just that, Gimmicks, and don't lead to anything.
    But if you are going to introduce a new concept at least support it.
    LG has tried curved phones and pods to name a couple of gimmicks that they then left purchasers high and dry by not supporting those designs with follow up products.

Dual rear cameras is not a gimmick but a natural evolution that many other companies have been rumored to launch.
    05-30-2017 12:34 PM
    Everything is a gimmick.

Well, really - everything is a gimmick if it's not what you want.
    jlost likes this.
    05-30-2017 02:29 PM
    I'd rather a slide out keyboard.
    05-31-2017 07:28 AM
    Not keen on that design.

My bet is still on a hybrid V20 + G6 design.
    I think that would be a safe bet. The G6 has a lovely design and is what the customers have been asking for. The screen really is the star of the show and I think LG will do the same with the V30.

Having a new design to shake things up a bit might not be a bad idea. Also, with a slider if you don't want to use it, you don't have to 😃 We will probably lose any hope of water resistance if it did happen though.
    06-01-2017 01:21 AM
    V30 will be a bezeless phone if it has a slide out second screen. If they add in a removable battery I'll consider it.
    06-14-2017 08:41 PM
    Here's the problem I have with LG caving in to the Samsung and Apple fans just to try to draw them away from those phones.

With the current battery technology, to get meaningful battery life like the Apple phones do, it has to be optimized just like the iPhone, and that means killing Android to do this.

Secondly to go with the Samsung model, LG has to kill one of the main features of of the V line and loose the removable battery.

While all of the tech writers and reviewers wet their collective pants over curved screens and glass backed phones, we who use the V line, know full well that this is something that we do not want or need.

We want to keep our phones longer and not be chained to the charging cord, or pad. Sure I would love to not worry about having to charge my phone while using it heavily in 8 hours, but that's not the reality of life. Since all batteries degrade with usage, being able to replace it in a few seconds is one of the best things that is available to anyone using these phones. You don't have to make the phone big and bulky, nor do you have to send it in to do this.

I get so damn mad every time I see or hear someone praising the "modern design" of these types of phones, knowing full well that they are promoting taking away features many of us hold dear to our hearts.

Most people are going to use some type of case to prevent their phones from damage, but with a glass backed phone with curved screens it is mandatory to do this if they hope to keep their phones safe from any drops.

LG could make the V line a real replacement for the Note series if they wanted to, and could do it without having to resort to trying to look like a Samsung phone. They could offer everything a power user wants and then some, by having a removable battery, waterproofing, headphone jack, the best cameras, speakers and all the other goodies available along with a perfectly flat screen and removable back.

No... It won't be a pretty and as sleek as a Galaxy iPhone.. It doesn't have to be... They have the G series to do this with.

LG administration needs to grow up and make a great workhorse of a phone that will do everything and last, instead of just trying to be a clone of the other guys. They almost hit it out of the park with the v20 and tried to sway the dissatisfied Note 4 users with the v10... One would think that the v30 could do what both the previous models should have... But they are going to have to include a pen if they are ever going to be able to get Note users to even look at them, not a slide out keyboard. Then they are going to have to make timely updates to the phones, and really advertise them, just like the other guys and make damn sure they don't boot loop. They also have to be extremely aggressive with any carrier or store like Best Buy to ensure they have the space and presence along with the accessories to sell.

This is the only way they can gain meaningful market share. They have to spend money to make more money...

Mac
    06-16-2017 12:57 PM
    I'm for replaceable batteries! 2000%
    06-21-2017 04:44 AM
    06-21-2017 04:46 AM