Next Nexus

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The bootloader is not the issue. Just look at the Xoom. If it's a Nexus, it's gonna have an unlocked bootloader, even though it's Motorola. But I still think its gonna be LG. (I want HTC though.)

Well I know that, but I think if they lock the bootloader on regular phones, they don't deserve to carry out the true openness of a Nexus.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
for everyone that thinks a qHD screen is is better than a SuperAMOLED+ do the math. Subpixels mean a lot.
qHD= (900 x 540) x 8 subpixels = 3,888,000
SA+= (800 x 480) x 12 subpixels = 4,608,000

This points tho the SuperAMOLED+ screen having an edge on crispness and clarity over the qHD displays that seem to be very popular recently even though its sort of a step down from the industry leader. but at least it is available for all manufacturers and not on a timeless backorder.

muscal

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I think Sprint will be on the Nexus bandwagon for now on. Looks like i'll be switching from Verizon in the near future.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Who else would it be? LG hasn't earned the right, and every other manufacturer has already had one.

LG at the end of this year will be at the same spot Samsung was at the end of last year. I don't think it will be an issue of them earning the right. Plus, Moto had the Xoom, which is arguably the dev device for Honeycomb.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
LG at the end of this year will be at the same spot Samsung was at the end of last year. I don't think it will be an issue of them earning the right. Plus, Moto had the Xoom, which is arguably the dev device for Honeycomb.

Here's the thing though; LG has not been a partner with Google for long. Motorola's been there since the beginning of 'mature' Android, and they arguably put Android on the map with the original Droid. They haven't had a Nexus device yet, and I'm sure they're itching to try.

That, and I really could see Google wanting the next Nexus to have access to Verizon's LTE network, and Motorola has been Verizon's strongest partner with Android devices.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Verizon doesn't want a nexus so why would motorola get to make one?
Moto has also been the worst at locking down phones. Let them prove they want to be open before giving them the honor of nexus status lol.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Take this for what it's worth. Could be something or absolutely nothing. Saw it on twitter this morning.

snap20110511_084302.png

snap20110511_083638.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy