02-21-2018 01:46 PM
29 12
tools
    Interesting article: https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/20/1...ple-production

"Nikkei reported last week that Samsung had extra production capacity and was scouring around for new customers besides Apple to manufacture its OLED panels for. It’s not clear what the results were of those attempts to find new clients. Samsung did not immediately respond to comment."

Really hoping that one of the new customers is Google for the P3/P3XL...

Probably won't happen. Google have already invested a billion into LG's OLED panels, so we're probably going to see them again in the next Pixel phones.
    02-21-2018 05:16 AM
    If you look at ALL Pixel products and see what their brand represents, you'll get an idea of what's to come. Google (like all their products) always provides the most basic yet top notch software with very little frills.. their Pixel line is supposed to be the luxury brand for geeks, top-notch hardware and software with minimal extras. I don't think Google will ever work with Samsung again.. don't think Google wants to spend extra for Samsung's screens.. Huawei will never work with them again because they want some branding exposure. I'm not expecting to see dual cameras yet on the next phone, but instead probably a AI CPU that can do augmented reality.. Google, again, is trying to provide the most basic, yet premium hardware and stellar software experience with nothing else. Don't expect crazy innovative features, Google doesn't do that and aren't known for that.. I do expect them to create hype and limit the amount in the beginning to make it "sold out" to create value.
    The smaller Pixel 2's screen was a Samsung panel. I don't discount them from going Samsung again.
    02-21-2018 05:32 AM
    Count me in for one of the people hoping for Samsung displays. I really don't like the overall experience on a Samsung phone after using a Pixel but they sure can make a great display.
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    02-21-2018 11:11 AM
    I would like bigger bezels on the XL. I really like the look of thick bezels on my phones
    02-21-2018 01:46 PM
29 12