Google Pixel 3 / 3 XL 2018

Rocky5000100

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I both hate bezel-less phones. The way we grab and hold our phones feels much more secure if there is some bezel to hold on to. We greatly dislike the Galaxy phones with edges that curve down, and also the iPhone X. It's sad really, because people seem to want less bezel, without thinking of practicality. Personally the Pixel 2 bezel is perfect to me.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
pixel 3 and 3XL will get micro sd? Or never in Google pixel's line and beyond?
I used to really have a problem with manufacturers opposed to microSD expansions until I learned that at the very least SanDisk has bridged the gap with wireless storage solutions. Not only are they flexible but they still give you more in storage than what they charge you for the bump up in storage models. For me at least, I can really consider the Pixel or heck even the iPhone going forward. http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/en_US/list/parentCategoryID.66201200/categoryID.70090100

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
When can we expect leaked images of the Pixel 3?
IIRC Android Police leaked both the Pixel and Pixel 2 around June/July of their respective launch years. They seem to break the exclusives in this area. So I guess hopefully we'll see some leaked image/render from Android Police or some other credible leaker around then.

georgefnkl

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
My wife and I both hate bezel-less phones. The way we grab and hold our phones feels much more secure if there is some bezel to hold on to. We greatly dislike the Galaxy phones with edges that curve down, and also the iPhone X. It's sad really, because people seem to want less bezel, without thinking of practicality. Personally the Pixel 2 bezel is perfect to me.
Xz2 ?

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I hope Google realases the 5 inch Pixel 3 in
a) 2:1 screen ratio
b) has a Snapdragon 660 or equivalent
c) same camera tech as the XL variant (cost cutting can be done to have only one camera or disable 4k)
d) wireless charging
e) sub $500 price
f) minimal bezels or similar body as the Pixel 2 XL

The whole selling point of the smaller Pixel 2 was the size and price, without compromising on the camera tech. If they can reduce the price by some cost cutting without compromising on features then I'm sold. It'll be a solid upper mid tier device with 3 years of software updates and a stellar camera.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel 3 could have a more swipe based UI from the most recent leak: https://www.androidcentral.com/android-ps-gesture-based-navigation-bar

I like it. I really like the UI on the iPhone X and have no issues with Google adopting elements of it. The android UI could go for a bit of a mixup. Has had essentially the same UI (in terms of usability) since 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich back in 2011. I think an overhaul of the UI is due.

Pixel 3 shaping be a pretty amazing device.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel 3 could have a more swipe based UI from the most recent leak: https://www.androidcentral.com/android-ps-gesture-based-navigation-bar

I like it. I really like the UI on the iPhone X and have no issues with Google adopting elements of it. The android UI could go for a bit of a mixup. Has had essentially the same UI (in terms of usability) since 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich back in 2011. I think an overhaul of the UI is due.

Pixel 3 shaping be a pretty amazing device.

Hmm, that is pretty interesting. Will anticipate seeing the unboxing and review videos so we can see how the new (rumoured) UI works up close.

myhui

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a suggestion for their over the top premium phone: three or more cameras on the back side, each with different focal lengthes and features.

Their image processing is good enough to handle a zoom lens. Let one of those cameras be equivalent to a 85mm or longer zoom lens when measured in the traditional 35mm film world.

Cost is no object. Let the top of the back side be studded with openings for all sorts of esoteric features. Even make it bulge out a little to ease mechanical packaging.

The ability to take good quality zoom photos is a game changer.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a suggestion for their over the top premium phone: three or more cameras on the back side, each with different focal lengthes and features.

Their image processing is good enough to handle a zoom lens. Let one of those cameras be equivalent to a 85mm or longer zoom lens when measured in the traditional 35mm film world.

Cost is no object. Let the top of the back side be studded with openings for all sorts of esoteric features. Even make it bulge out a little to ease mechanical packaging.

Triple cameras would be pretty awesome!

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Triple cameras would be pretty awesome!
Yeah but that would also be against what Google has done so far, especially in computational photography. They might include two cameras that enables true depth sensing rather than relying solely on one sensor.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but that would also be against what Google has done so far, especially in computational photography. They might include two cameras that enables true depth sensing rather than relying solely on one sensor.

You're right: triple camera is not Google's style. When you think about it, too, they did such a great job with one!