Red Hydrogen One

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm intrigued, but as I'm on T-Mo's JOD! program, unless they carry it, I probably won't be getting it :( That's why I 'skipped' the Pixel line.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm intrigued, but as I'm on T-Mo's JOD! program, unless they carry it, I probably won't be getting it :( That's why I 'skipped' the Pixel line.

I'm sorry to hear that. It looks incredibly interesting w/ the 4v. I'm thinking it should be pretty incredible for photography w/ the camera mod.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I definitely have my eye on this phone as well but RED hasn't given us much to keep our eye on. I probably won't be getting one given the asking price but I'm very curious as to what they have in store with such a respected brand name and rugged build which I'm a huge fan of actually. i just wish they'd give consumers an update at this point. It's been a while since they just decided to announce the thing out of nowhere. Give us a little something to keep our interest. I'm curious about the camera system for sure though.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If it's available and affordable, I'll try to get one when my current phone is paid off this fall. The idea of seeing projected holograms (like in the Jetsons) is just too cool to pass up.

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I am interested. Interest is free. Whether or not that interest leads to a purchase depends on how good the product actually turns out to be. It's the price of a garden variety high end iPhone yet offers some features not yet seen on a smart phone, so I can't help but tentatively consider it.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I like taking the odd blurry picture.
Red are peerless in video cameras.

Very very interested in this device.
I hope it gets the exposure it deserves.

Penny_1

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
The official public release is slated for early November. I've had a prototype unit (Houdini model) for over a month. Rest of the pre-orders are going out this week. Phil Holland shared this graphic/overview of some of the tech specs/features today:

Source Link

phfx_RH1_techOverview.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just checked one out at a Verizon store.

That thing is built like a tank, with the weight to boot! I kinda liked the unique grip on the sides, but it wasn't rubberized, so didn't feel the greatest. It's ribbed metal.

The camera app wasn't much to look at it you're a manual shooter like me. It only gives you 1/4" maximum exposure vs up to 30" exposures in other phones (which I make plenty use of). I also tested the 4V function and in a word: It sucks! In regular 2D mode it's ok. When looking at it in 4V, it's like those 3D pictures that have both on the same surface with the ribbed cover to diffuse the two images, except it's not aligned right. Instead of a 3D or holographic image, it's more like an out of focus single image with blurred lines.

I didn't get to really exploremuch else on the phone, nor was I interested at that point.

Sorry, but I would not recommend this phone to anyone, unless that just happened to be a defective/buggy demo unit. Especially not at their asking price.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought this phone was already released but I don't see a dedicated spot anywhere on the forum for it. not that I wanted it but I'd be interested to hear from real users who were crazy enough to buy it and get their impressions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908