CAT S60 or wait for new model TBD?

joeranger

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
When is a new upgraded CAT phone coming out. Has anyone heard anything? I need to get rid of my Alcatel which is clogged with adware. I get a discount on the CAT phone.

joeranger

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
A lot of articles coming now. Getting a lot of buzz. In addition to FLIR, poison gas detector and lasers that measure a room. $1,000 but not in US until 3rd Q.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The darn thing is the closest thing we've come to a tricorder from Star Trek!:p
See, this is how companies need to stand out! I've coined a new term earlier: Samapple. Because everyone seems to want to imitate Samsung and/or Apple, and no one has any real defining features anymore. I don't need FLIR (though I can see it being useful to just play around with), or laser measuring, but I'm tempted to get one of these just for how unique it is.

joeranger

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
OK, getting mine in July. Love the comments. My kids asked why I need a poison gas detector and I put my phone near my butt and My kids said. "OK, Dad, we get it. You need one!!!"

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes indeed, I think I'll ditch Samsung for one of those. I'm really sick of these delicate, thin slippery phones. Samsung won't release any active phone here in Australia so it's time to jump ship and the cat looks like my next phone...

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Cat s60 ordered. Anticipating arrival in a week..
The s61 is even better.
The land rover explore phone looks amazing too...

Last edited:

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Mine arrived yesterday (cat 60). Going through the laborious set up routine, I set a screen lock password and promptly forgot it!
Humiliating! I had to reset the device, fortunately I was signed into google by then, so wasn't too traumatic. The set up all over again was tedious tho! How embarrassing!

The device is slower than the S8, not as bright, less things to fiddle with in settings (it's on 6.0.1).
Some things are annoying, but I do like the tough chunky feel ??????

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I love the thing, only charge it every two, three days..
5 metres water resistant is handy, I fell in a creek yesterday with it in my pocket and didn't even bother checking if it was OK...

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
So a few months down the track:
Not sure I'd buy another one of these. The software is as chunky as the device itself, I still haven't worked out how to play music on it!
It destroyed my photos on the SD card...
I do miss the Samsung interface...
I can't install some apps and I don't know why..