Asus ZenFone 5 Ultra 6.8"

mac231us

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope to see an updated version of ZenFone 3 ultra. That huge screen is fantastic.

If anyone knows something just drop it here.

I get the feeling there will not be another 6.8 ultra model...why?

see the trend of all manufacturers...the phones are getting narrower to the point it is difficult to type (makes for cool looks and easy handling) or view pages (reminds me of when everything went widescreen in the other direction on displays)

They are all focusing on 6 to 6.2 some 6.4 displays but in reality they are all smaller than suggested by the diagonal size in area due to the higher ratios (now 21/9 to the point of things getting ridiculously narrow)

note also that Huawei has not come out with a 6.8 p8max replacement since 2015 (despite going to p10 etc), no 6.6 honor note 8 replacement either (despite having honor 9 and 10 out)

lenovo does not figure much in smartphones but they too stopped with one 6.8 model back in 2014-15

rumor is xiaomi mi max 3 will be a 6.8-6.98 doubt it,,even if it does it will have a high ratio and therefore a smaller screen in reality...same with any potential zu680kl replacement (will have a smaller total area screen possibly with a ridiculous notch)

Dean Nielsen

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
Re: Asus ZenFone 5 Ultra 6.8"

Yaaa my most loving phone ever.
First time i had a phone more then 1 year (27 month).
I bought Sammy note 8 as a substitute, but sold it after 1 week, it was to tiny for me lol.
Then i bought mi max 3 when it was released, but it was with a fake rom, could not use it for talking, so after a hard fight with the Chinese seller, they took it back.
Then i bought Honor note 10 and Honor 8X Max, both i still have and Note 10 is absolutely the best one ofc, but still i could use a little more widh on the display, hate this 18:9 format.
I think now i will sell the 8X max again, keep the Note 10 until the Huawei Mate 20 X drop a little in price and all eventually bugs are gone.
Damn its not easy this life
I really dream for a new Ultra model in my loving 16:9 format to... Damn Sammy and Lg for this ****ty 18:9 format.
Btw alwaays buy my phones in China even im from Denmark Europe.

cmvrgr cmvrgr

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Asus ZenFone 5 Ultra 6.8"

Damn its not easy this life
I really dream for a new Ultra model in my loving 16:9 format to... Damn Sammy and Lg for this ****ty 18:9 format.
Btw alwaays buy my phones in China even im from Denmark Europe.

The fault should not be counted on Samsung and LG but to the majority of the users that they whining that phones are super wide.

I am in the same track with you to go from ultra to 20x but again the screen is like a 6.34" at 16:9 aspect ratio.

Only with the foldable phones we will see devices that would be perfect for all big screen lovers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith